By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 is 90 percent complete

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/01/yamauchi-gran-turismo-5-is-90-percent-complete

Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 is 90 percent complete

Gran Turismo 5 has almost raced to its finishing development stages. According to series creator Kazunori Yamauchi, the game is just about ninety percent complete, which may be a reason for the game’s recent delay in Japan.

Speaking with USA Today at the Consumer Electronics Show, Yamauchi told the site: “About 90% of the game is done. We are just working on the last 10% and polishing up everything.”

Yamauchi also expressed his opinion the CES-boasted 3D technology and PlayStation 3’s upcoming motion controller.

“For 3D, I think our level of expression in that technology is not really complete yet. We still have a lot of work in development that has to poured into that field.

“As for motion control it is a brand new user interface. It really has infinite possibilities, of course, for the game industry and other industries. There is still a lot more development that needs to go into it but it’s a major possibility right now.”

What about motion control in Gran Turismo 5?

“It might be used to maybe control the user interface like you would a mouse, but that the extent we would use it for.”

WOOT. So it's coming close. So for many people who thought it may be delayed for a much longer period of time, its getting pretty close.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network

so e3 10 blow out confirmed?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

this game better be Amazing after this many years...

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I think this time he means it, even though in 2007 he said it would come out in 2008...

However I still don't know if we should expect it in summer or holiday of 2010...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

the closest ive seen him give a release date was the winner of the contest and he said holiday '10 and yamauchi said it might be closer than he thinks.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
the closest ive seen him give a release date was the winner of the contest and he said holiday '10 and yamauchi said it might be closer than he thinks.

He's been closer than that. In this interview he says it would probably be ready for Christmas 2008 (and he also says "four years is too long after GT4, especially for fans of the series"):

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_articulo.php?pic=GEN&id=cw476568836d01b&idj=&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=1

It's in Spanish btw.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wasn't it only 60% in November?

So it's jump up that much in 2 months?

I think they won't release GT5 until the Holidays. Now that it's been delayed so many times, they might as well put it out when it's needed the most, since Sony's Holiday lineup is quite thin compared to the first half of 2010.

Btw, NJ5 do u understand/speak Spanish?

NJ5 said:
I think this time he means it, even though in 2007 he said it would come out in 2008...

However I still don't know if we should expect it in summer or holiday of 2010...

link........

Just release it already >.> I want it Nao.