By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 is 90 percent complete

Ajescent said:
Slimebeast said:
I think they won't release GT5 until the Holidays. Now that it's been delayed so many times, they might as well put it out when it's needed the most, since Sony's Holiday lineup is quite thin compared to the first half of 2010.

Btw, NJ5 do u understand/speak Spanish?

how can Sony's holiday line up look slim in january? Can we wait till e3 before doom seeing please?

No we can't. We always speculate about line-ups based on the info that's available. And Sony seldom announce something at E3 that makes it out for Christmas same year. Although a game could be announced well before E3 of course. Like Resistance 3 for example.

How many Sony xclusives for the Holidays do we know about though? None as far as I know. So GT5 then would be perfect.

Around the Network

Speculation is good and all but just because we don't know what's coming out at christmas doesn't mean there's nothing coming out at all, we don't know what's coming 2011, does that mean there's nothing at all?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
I think they won't release GT5 until the Holidays. Now that it's been delayed so many times, they might as well put it out when it's needed the most, since Sony's Holiday lineup is quite thin compared to the first half of 2010.

only had 1 official release date, for 1 region, delayed once, in that region..................or am I missing something

Well, I don't mean officially delayed, since they haven't announced any official release dates very often. But one must assume that the game's development has taken a lot longer than estimated and their internal targeted release dates probably have been missed several times, don't you agree?

when you build something outta nothing it tends to take awhile, just like Kaz has said time and time again, given it's development time, and the amount of content with-in the game, to be done from scratch, I think they're doing rather well. And remember this is GT. I guess I understand more being a game-development major, this shit aint easy. But then again it is a PS3 exclusive, so already if it isn't the most amazing thing ever in every way then it doomed until it's released. I can wait, take all the time you need Kaz, because I know it will come out and when it does................ may god help me.

on that note Yo ps3 guys, why are you hounding, I mean have you not seen the line up over 2010, shit this is good news to me, now I won't miss anything, and I'll have the time to play them.

Ajescent said:
Speculation is good and all but just because we don't know what's coming out at christmas doesn't mean there's nothing coming out at all, we don't know what's coming 2011, does that mean there's nothing at all?

Well, almost all games are being announced at least one year before release to build up hype. Especially the big, important ones.

And since there's no new games revealed, we must conclude that the Holiday lineup looks slim. And from that I draw the conclusion that even if GT5 would be finished and ready for release in the Summer, Sony will decide to release it in November or December.

gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:

only had 1 official release date, for 1 region, delayed once, in that region..................or am I missing something

Well, I don't mean officially delayed, since they haven't announced any official release dates very often. But one must assume that the game's development has taken a lot longer than estimated and their internal targeted release dates probably have been missed several times, don't you agree?

when you build something outta nothing it tends to take awhile, just like Kaz has said time and time again, given it's development time, and the amount of content with-in the game, to be done from scratch, I think they're doing rather well. And remember this is GT. I guess I understand more being a game-development major, this shit aint easy. But then again it is a PS3 exclusive, so already if it isn't the most amazing thing ever in every way then it doomed until it's released. I can wait, take all the time you need Kaz, because I know it will come out and when it does................ may god help me.

on that note Yo ps3 guys, why are you hounding, I mean have you not seen the line up over 2010, shit this is good news to me, now I won't miss anything, and I'll have the time to play them.

I agree with you. I am all for Polyphony to take their time because so far they're doing extremely well, and all the time spent will be so worth it.

Around the Network

No one knows when Last Guardian is coming
Or what 3rd parties are planning. I agree Sony doesn't do what Nintendoes and wait till last minute to announce things but still that doesn't mean we should just write everything off even before the year's started.

I don't think couting out E3 so early is a good idea.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

NJ5 said:
letsdance said:
the closest ive seen him give a release date was the winner of the contest and he said holiday '10 and yamauchi said it might be closer than he thinks.

He's been closer than that. In this interview he says it would probably be ready for Christmas 2008 (and he also says "four years is too long after GT4, especially for fans of the series"):

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_articulo.php?pic=GEN&id=cw476568836d01b&idj=&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=1

It's in Spanish btw.

he also said that was not a definite date, but calcutation. estimated. and it was hard to developed prologue, the game was made from zero.

source:  i know spanish ;).

Xoj said:
NJ5 said:
letsdance said:
the closest ive seen him give a release date was the winner of the contest and he said holiday '10 and yamauchi said it might be closer than he thinks.

He's been closer than that. In this interview he says it would probably be ready for Christmas 2008 (and he also says "four years is too long after GT4, especially for fans of the series"):

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_articulo.php?pic=GEN&id=cw476568836d01b&idj=&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=1

It's in Spanish btw.

he also said that was not a definite date, but calcutation. estimated. and it was hard to developed prologue, the game was made from zero.

source:  i know spanish ;).

Note that I said "probably". Obviously it was not an official date.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

God this is getting boring. It better not be being delayed to get 3D in there, something less than 1% of the users will take advantage of.

They can release it now, but they don't want to. I don't really know what they need to do, are they just making cars and tracks? Because the driving model must be complete pretty much

I hope this doesn't get delayed until Holiday 2010, I have a feeling Q4 2010 is going to have a lot of good games too.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!