Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 is 90 percent complete

it will fall in august or september

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Ajescent said:
Speculation is good and all but just because we don't know what's coming out at christmas doesn't mean there's nothing coming out at all, we don't know what's coming 2011, does that mean there's nothing at all?

Well, almost all games are being announced at least one year before release to build up hype. Especially the big, important ones.

And since there's no new games revealed, we must conclude that the Holiday lineup looks slim. And from that I draw the conclusion that even if GT5 would be finished and ready for release in the Summer, Sony will decide to release it in November or December.

Gears 2, Resistance 2, Motorstom: Pacific Rift, and Siren: Blood Curse all disprove this theory. And Ajescent is right, we DON'T know of what's to come. With that knowledge, or lack thereof, waiting until E3 seem the logical move.

Tell me, how many people claimed Microsoft's holiday line-up in 09 looked "slim", and were attacked by the Xbox Community in full force, only to have their theories erased when the announcements of release dates started to roll in? As mentioned, it's too early to claim what's "slim" or not, though speculating isn't exactly a bad thing.

It just isn't an absolute.

Well, the actual X360 Holiday lineup in 2009 was in fact very slim. Even the most rabid Xbox fans here admit that it felt very thin.

So......ODST, Forza 3, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed II, Left 4 Dead 2 etc, etc....was thin? I guess people are just ungrateful.

Obviously we're not talking about multiplatforms here. The delay of GT5 and speculation of Sony wanting to put it for Holidays has us evaluating the PS3 exclusive Fall-Holiday lineup, right? That's our topic.

But damn, you got me. I was thinking only Forza 3 for X360 last Fall, but forgot that Halo ODST was of course included in the Fall lineup, and I forgot about L4D2 as well.

If PD spent less time making updates for the Prologue, GT5 would have been released by now.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

NO surprise there.