By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Around the Network

Comgnet weekly chart:

1. [PSP]Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin I&II – 180pt
  2. [3DS]Mario Kart 7 – 132pt
  3. [3DS]Monster Hunter 3G(通常版) – 121pt
  4. [3DS]Super Mario3D Land – 79pt
  5. [PS3]Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 67pt
  6. [PS3]Warriors OROCHI 2(通常版) – 60pt
  7. [PSP]Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin II REVELATION OF EVIL GOD – 52pt
  8. [Wii]JUST DANCE Wii – 45pt
  9. [PSP]Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best – 36pt
  10. [3DS]Ghost Camera: Tsuiteru Techou – 36pt
  11. [3DS]Inazuma Eleven GO Dark – 29pt
  12. [PS3]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3(Dubbed) – 27pt
  13. [PSP]Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker PSP the Best – 26pt
  14. [3DS]Inazuma Eleven GO Shine – 26pt
  15. [Wii]Family Fishing – 25pt
  16. [Wii]Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition – 24pt
  17. [Wii]GO VACATION – 23pt
  18. [Wii]Hoshi no Kirby Wii – 21pt
  19. [PSP]Frontier Gate – 20pt
  20. [PS3]Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. – 20pt

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Ok, let me help you with some days left, Giggs!

One Piece: 46 days
Super Robot Taisen: 26 days
New Love Plus: 28 days
Binary Domain: 30 days
Naruto Ninja Storm Generations: 75 days

pezus said:
Buzzi said:
If things do not change, 3DS could go on with millions and millions of lead by the end of the year. At that point, why should someone prefer developing for a much smaller market? No doubt someone will, like Capcom with MH did for PSP, but things are looking way darker for Vita than 3DS.

For the same reason many picked PSP over DS - more power.

True, but PSP could do games DS couldn't (e.g. MH), that is not so true now with the Vita.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I can't believe I used to be worried about Revelations. That game will hang around the #2 spot for almost 2 weeks.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Vita will be doing just fine. I'm expecting to see some major announcements out of GDC and E3 this year that will really start the fire on a worldwide basis.

Sony isn't to worried about the Japanese market. Since the PSP is still doing so well there, but eventually that market will dry up there. At that point more developers in Japan will jump ship to the Vita. There is a much bigger need for the Vita to explode in the NA and EU markets, since the PSP struggled to make much of an impact in them.

Salnax said:
I can't believe I used to be worried about Revelations. That game will hang around the #2 spot for almost 2 weeks.

I think it will possibly be 3rd at least some of the time. Most days Musou One Piece is gaining more points than RE, and if it keeps doing that eventually it will pass RE.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

pezus said:
Buzzi said:
If things do not change, 3DS could go on with millions and millions of lead by the end of the year. At that point, why should someone prefer developing for a much smaller market? No doubt someone will, like Capcom with MH did for PSP, but things are looking way darker for Vita than 3DS.

The graphical gap is not as big, I doubt it'll convince many to support a console with a (maybe) 7-8m less userbase.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
pezus said:
Buzzi said:

The graphical gap is not as big, I doubt it'll convince many to support a console with a (maybe) 7-8m less userbase.

large userbase is only one factor,  you have to taken into account:

1. Where that userbase is

2. What the userbase's buying trends are.

You could get a situation where   you have say Nintendo doing  incredibly well in japan, Sony doing best ( but not by a lot) in europe and  the vita and 3ds essentially even in the america's.   In that case Nintendo gets the best developers for it's biggest market  but both companies get pretty good support from western developers.  Nintendo stills wins overall but the Vita lives on and is not completely irrelevent.  This is of course just one possibility of how things could happen and things get all kinds of awkward depending on who ends up leading in  what regions.

Also I'd like to point out that buying trends are also important to developers. If the 3ds becomes another Nintendo platform where it's impossible to make a hit becuase of competing with first party releases ( or simply the userbase only wanting/ buying  1st party games) then third   party developers will be more reluctant to develop for them.

I hope both systems get a nice profitable  userbase with some  good games to sustain them . I don't want anyone truly ruling the handheld market becuase lack of competitions means the winner gets a chokehold on that section of the industry and that just leads to stagnation.

Back on topic it's good to see Tales of innocence R slowly making some headway, I don't think it's going to be the breakhout hit the Vita needs but at this rate it looks like it will atlead have a decent opening.

ladyumbra said:
Buzzi said:
pezus said:
Buzzi said:

large userbase is only one factor,  you have to taken into account:

1. Where that userbase is

2. What the userbase's buying trends are.

You could get a situation where   you have say Nintendo doing  incredibly well in japan, Sony doing best ( but not by a lot) in europe and  the vita and 3ds essentially even in the america's.   In that case Nintendo gets the best developers for it's biggest market  but both companies get pretty good support from western developers.  Nintendo stills wins overall but the Vita lives on and is not completely irrelevent.  This is of course just one possibility of how things could happen and things get all kinds of awkward depending on who ends up leading in  what regions.

Also I'd like to point out that buying trends are also important to developers. If the 3ds becomes another Nintendo platform where it's impossible to make a hit becuase of competing with first party releases ( or simply the userbase only wanting/ buying  1st party games) then third   party developers will be more reluctant to develop for them.

I hope both systems get a nice profitable  userbase with some  good games to sustain them . I don't want anyone truly ruling the handheld market becuase lack of competitions means the winner gets a chokehold on that section of the industry and that just leads to stagnation.

Back on topic it's good to see Tales of innocence R slowly making some headway, I don't think it's going to be the breakhout hit the Vita needs but at this rate it looks like it will atlead have a decent opening.

Obviously I'm speaking of Japan. There are very few massive west-developed games in Japan, so the userbase there is extremely important, more than it is in the rest of the world. And DS was a very profitable machine for developers, especially in Japan, I don't think it was "impossible to make a hit", since generally DS games did better than PSP games until the last few years.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)