By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - King of the RPGs : PS3 or 360 ?

I made those list (all from metacritic ) to compare both PS3/360. Loads of great RPGs are going to be released this year so the list will change every month or so. For now here it is :

West/Action RPGs

Mass Effect 2 = 96 

The Elder Scrolls : Oblivion = 94

Fallout 3 = 93

Mass Effect = 91

Fable II = 89

Dragon Age Origins = 86

Borderlands = 84

Marvel Ultimate Alliance = 82

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 = 73

Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel = 71

Too Human = 65

Divinity II : Ego Draconis = 65

Risen = 58

Kingdom Under Fire : Circle of Doom = 55

Rise of the Argonauts = 54

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements = 52

Two Worlds = 50

JRPG

Final Fantasy XIII = 84  

Tales of Vesperia = 79

Blue Dragon = 79

Eternal Sonata = 79

Lost Odyssey = 78

Star Ocean : The Last Hope = 72

Enchanted Arms = 69

Magna Carta 2 = 69

Infinite Undiscovery = 68

Final Fantasy XI = 66

The Last Remnant = 66

Phantasy Star Universe = 64

Spectral Force 3 = 59

Operation Darkness = 46

Zoids Assault = 46

PS3

West/Action RPGs

The Elder Scrolls : Oblivion = 93

Fallout 3 = 90

Dragon Age Origins = 87

Borderlands = 83

Marvel Ultimate Alliance = 78

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 = 74

Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel = 70

Untold Legends : Dark Kingdom = 58

Rise of the Argonauts = 57

JRPG

Demon's Soul = 89

Valkyria Chronicles = 86

Final Fantasy XIII = 83

Eternal Sonata = 80

Disgaea 3 : Absence of Justice = 78

Star Ocean : The Last Hope International = 76

Folklore = 75

Enchanted Arms = 64

White Knight Chronicles = 64

Cross Edge = 52

Last Rebellion = 46

360 wins in the West/Action with more exclusives titles. I always beleived the 360 had a stronger JRPGs line-up but with WKC, FF13 Versus and much more, PS3 is  taking it's place  as the 'home of the RPGs'. What do you guys (and girls) think ?

Incoming RPGs this year :

Fallout 3 New Vegas, Fable III, Final Fantasy 13, Resonance of Fate, Alpha Protocol, Two Worlds II, Cross Edge Dash, Record of Agarest War

PS3

Final Fantasy 13, Tales of Vesperia, Fallout 3 New Vegas, Two Worlds II, Last Rebellion, Atelier Rorona, Ar Tonelico 3, Record of Agarest War, Resonance of Fate, Alpha Protocol, 

Around the Network

I think "King" is a pretty strong word to address the RPG situation on any home console this generation.

360 has the lead for sure

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

DS=king
these guys are fighting for something else.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Demon's Souls beats all. From Software wins (and I guess in the end so does Sony)

Around the Network

I guess it's a quality vs quantity arguement.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

360 = WRPG king.
PS3 = JRPG king.

It all depends on whether you prefer WRPGs or JRPGs.

Look at the exclusives that matter most on each console for you and its easy to see who wins, there is no outright winner possible. Final Fantasy fans by default will pick PS3 for Versus, Mass Effect and Fable fans will go 360 for example (excuse me the fact that Mass Effect is only console exclusive for now).

numonex said:
360 = WRPG king.
PS3 = JRPG king.

It all depends on whether you prefer WRPGs or JRPGs.

Pretty much. In the HD world anyway, but like a poster above me said, the DS is probably the RPG king, at least in sheer number (don't know about average scores) and sales.

Pesmerga515 said:
I think "King" is a pretty strong word to address the RPG situation on any home console this generation.

My thought as well.

They're competing more for like... regent of a backwater territory nobody wants to live in.