By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - King of the RPGs : PS3 or 360 ?

numonex said:
360 = WRPG king.
PS3 = JRPG king.

It all depends on whether you prefer WRPGs or JRPGs.

Now this is something sort of new, i agree with numonex here completely... ooohh that sounded weird...

But yes as Xen said aswell, PS3 for the J, and 360 for the W...

Around the Network

I’m wondering why Oblivion on the PS3 has a lower score when it’s generally acknowledged it’s slightly better than the game on 360?

edit: I quess this is the problem with using Meta for the scores, as we all know Meta is at best flawed. Over all i think the outcome is around about right though.

Slimebeast, why is Demons Souls not a Jrpg & if its not then doesn’t that make it a Wrpg? I think not! Isn’t the definition of a Jrpg an rpg made in Japan?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

PC is easily the King of RPGs. But if we are talking only about HD consoles, then X360 wins.

Bagaren85 said:
Please. Metacritic or the same things, lol. Lost Odyssey 78 or 79 of 100.

Thats why you can be fooled so damn much about theese small reviewers (Yes, look at the score for LO with big sites)

And please, people that is saying PS3 true KING OF JRPG. I dont want to laugh out looud.
IF its a contender to 360 JRPG-libary? YES, indeed. But better? NO. Maybe if you did smoke something when you was playing theese game.

In Fact.

No dont make us laugh out loud.

look at the ammount 50's and 60 on meta from the JRPG on the 360 list compared to the ps3 you call that "better" more like a whole bag of mediocre games.

slowmo said:
Look at the exclusives that matter most on each console for you and its easy to see who wins, there is no outright winner possible. Final Fantasy fans by default will pick PS3 for Versus, Mass Effect and Fable fans will go 360 for example (excuse me the fact that Mass Effect is only console exclusive for now).

mass effect isnt console exclusive watcha sayin??

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:
Bagaren85 said:
Please. Metacritic or the same things, lol. Lost Odyssey 78 or 79 of 100.

Thats why you can be fooled so damn much about theese small reviewers (Yes, look at the score for LO with big sites)

And please, people that is saying PS3 true KING OF JRPG. I dont want to laugh out looud.
IF its a contender to 360 JRPG-libary? YES, indeed. But better? NO. Maybe if you did smoke something when you was playing theese game.

In Fact.

No dont make us laugh out loud.

look at the ammount 50's and 60 on meta from the JRPG on the 360 list compared to the ps3 you call that "better" more like a whole bag of mediocre games.

Many of the 360 games are criminally underscored by 10 to 20 points.  Too Human and Sacred in particular are both high 80s games so are lost odessy and last remnant.

It's Mass Effect 1/2 vs. Demon's Souls / Valkyria Chronicles

It's close but PS3 wins because I have a PC =)

PS3 has Demon's Souls so PS3 wins.
360 has Mass Effect so 360 wins.

Pesmerga515 said:
I think "King" is a pretty strong word to address the RPG situation on any home console this generation.

This. It all comes down to personal preference this gen (so far anyway). I vote for PS3 as it has Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles but I can easily see how others would give it to the 360 with Mass Effect and Fable.

CrazyHorse said:
Pesmerga515 said:
I think "King" is a pretty strong word to address the RPG situation on any home console this generation.

This. It all comes down to personal preference this gen (so far anyway). I vote for PS3 as it has Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles but I can easily see how others would give it to the 360 with Mass Effect and Fable.

I think he meant that no home consoles this generation has a good enough RPG lineup against the handhelds and PC, therefore no home console should be the "King of RPGs".