By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Demo Now Availible

yea it was a pretty good demo.. i didnt really experience anything too bad.. the aiming was a bit loose and also reminded me of RE4.. but overall the demo was pretty sweet.. i love the detail they put in the game... this is a must buy for me...if anyone likes action adventure games this should be a must buy for you too.. naughty dog hasnt let me down yet when it comes to developing games...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

*sigh* I hope I can get some income on Christmas, or else I wont be able to support any developers of these fine games and just have to keep on renting instead.

Awesome. It seems that it will be tons of fun, but be three longer than another game I can't recall.

(There you go NJ5, there's your HS joke)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Holy crap!!!! I just shot a dude who was about to throw a grenade at me, and he dropped the grenade, taking out both himself and the guy next to him! That's insane!

Not trying to knock on the game, but hasn't that already been done in Half-Life 2? I'm pretty sure this has been something that has been around for a while.
Tetsuo Shima said:

Demo has region protection. Crap. Anyway can you handle this people? I have 4 must have titles on my list so far.. - CoD4, Assassins Creed (two reviews so far 100% and 95%), Uncharted and R&C... Some people here claim PS3 has crappy lineup this holidays... Yeah, MoH2 and Sonic for Wii owners looks awesome

Way to pick the some of the worst games on the system and pass them off them off as the best the console has to offer (not trying to say one console has a better lineup than the other, just saying your comment is bullshit). I guess I'll base my PS3 lineup on Mobile Suit Gundam and Lair. -edit- And before people start screaming OMG Wii owner fanboy get out of this thread and quit trolling lawl this so far is the the one PS3 game that interests me and I want to see how it is. If it's actually good then I'll only need seven more games that interest me and I'll be on my way to get a PS3 (assuming they don't completely ax BC from all models-- in that case I will say fuck the PS3).

I've never played Half-life 2, but I have played plenty of CS: Source, and since it doesn't happen while playing that, I don't think it happens in HL2. But, I could be wrong, since, like I said, i've never played HL2. :P

HL2 and CS:Source are completely different games.

...developed by the same developers using the same engine and released together.  If anything, Source would be the more likely of the two to contain this feature, as it is focused more on tactics and real life combat.

I'm still pissed off cause it's region locked, but Ratchet is keeping me very happy, and when I get CoD4 tommorrow i'll be even happier. can anyone with a PS3 justify not getting this game?

add me

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Holy crap!!!! I just shot a dude who was about to throw a grenade at me, and he dropped the grenade, taking out both himself and the guy next to him! That's insane!

Not trying to knock on the game, but hasn't that already been done in Half-Life 2? I'm pretty sure this has been something that has been around for a while.
Tetsuo Shima said:

Demo has region protection. Crap. Anyway can you handle this people? I have 4 must have titles on my list so far.. - CoD4, Assassins Creed (two reviews so far 100% and 95%), Uncharted and R&C... Some people here claim PS3 has crappy lineup this holidays... Yeah, MoH2 and Sonic for Wii owners looks awesome

Way to pick the some of the worst games on the system and pass them off them off as the best the console has to offer (not trying to say one console has a better lineup than the other, just saying your comment is bullshit). I guess I'll base my PS3 lineup on Mobile Suit Gundam and Lair. -edit- And before people start screaming OMG Wii owner fanboy get out of this thread and quit trolling lawl this so far is the the one PS3 game that interests me and I want to see how it is. If it's actually good then I'll only need seven more games that interest me and I'll be on my way to get a PS3 (assuming they don't completely ax BC from all models-- in that case I will say fuck the PS3).

I've never played Half-life 2, but I have played plenty of CS: Source, and since it doesn't happen while playing that, I don't think it happens in HL2. But, I could be wrong, since, like I said, i've never played HL2. :P

HL2 and CS:Source are completely different games.

...developed by the same developers using the same engine and released together. If anything, Source would be the more likely of the two to contain this feature, as it is focused more on tactics and real life combat.

Just stop pretending that you know something about a game you've never played. If we were using your logic we would say that Portal and CS: Source were pretty much the same game. While we're at it, lets just assume that Ratchet and Clank and Resistance are pretty much the same thing too since they were both made by the same developer around the same time.

It's an impressive demo. The lighting effects are quite nice, especially the rolling dapples of sunlight, the mist of moisture in the air. The platforming is painless, you just run and jump, the character animations take care of the rest. Combat feels fairly polished - there's an effective over-the-shoulder aiming and cover system (press O next to a block of stone). I didn't realize until my second playthrough that you can dive by running and pressing O. Also, your character has an effective melee attack, making close-quarter tactics possible.

One nice touch: they obviously spent some time on the characters and voice acting. And the hint system is clever -- if you're not sure where you should go next, press L2 and the camera zooms to where you should go next. We'll have to see what the full reviews say, but right now it feels like a keeper.

Isn't counter strike source a multiplayer only game? Cause I only play multiplayer with mine. That's kind of a huge difference between HL2 and CS source.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

UNCHARTED DEMO IS now REGION-FREE
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/uncharted-drake%e2%80%99s-fortune-demo-back-on-the-world-map/

So this means that I OWE an apology to Naughty Dog, they are the best.

this really proves they take user feedback seriously

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

The_vagabond7 said:
Isn't counter strike source a multiplayer only game? Cause I only play multiplayer with mine. That's kind of a huge difference between HL2 and CS source.

Hmm, I'm rather lost about where HL2 and CS:S came into the topic. It's either something to keep one's opinion about the PS3 proudly at a low or apparently the person doesn't like it when somebody is interested with another game. . . 

I guess I'm not allowed to like other games?.... I'm a big Half-Life fan too, but I don't get why we're even comparing these games anyway?

___

Oh and CZ rocks! (any heavy 1.6'ers here? lol)