By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Demo Now Availible

Holy crap!!!! I just shot a dude who was about to throw a grenade at me, and he dropped the grenade, taking out both himself and the guy next to him! That's insane!

Around the Network

Actually this demo is from level 4 of the actual game.

ill be playing this demo tomorrow. BTW just a bit off topic. I jsut saw a COD4 ad with PS3 at the end. =D

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Demo has region protection. Crap. Anyway can you handle this people? I have 4 must have titles on my list so far.. - CoD4, Assassins Creed (two reviews so far 100% and 95%), Uncharted and R&C... Some people here claim PS3 has crappy lineup this holidays... Yeah, MoH2 and Sonic for Wii owners looks awesome

HOLY S**T!!! The demo was amazing. Everything about it kicked ass.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Holy crap!!!! I just shot a dude who was about to throw a grenade at me, and he dropped the grenade, taking out both himself and the guy next to him! That's insane!

Not trying to knock on the game, but hasn't that already been done in Half-Life 2? I'm pretty sure this has been something that has been around for a while.
Tetsuo Shima said:

Demo has region protection. Crap. Anyway can you handle this people? I have 4 must have titles on my list so far.. - CoD4, Assassins Creed (two reviews so far 100% and 95%), Uncharted and R&C... Some people here claim PS3 has crappy lineup this holidays... Yeah, MoH2 and Sonic for Wii owners looks awesome

Way to pick the some of the worst games on the system and pass them off them off as the best the console has to offer (not trying to say one console has a better lineup than the other, just saying your comment is bullshit). I guess I'll base my PS3 lineup on Mobile Suit Gundam and Lair. -edit- And before people start screaming OMG Wii owner fanboy get out of this thread and quit trolling lawl this so far is the the one PS3 game that interests me and I want to see how it is. If it's actually good then I'll only need seven more games that interest me and I'll be on my way to get a PS3 (assuming they don't completely ax BC from all models-- in that case I will say fuck the PS3).

great demo. i am pretty impressed overall. the aiming system is very similar to RE4 with the exception that you can move while aiming. The cover system is predictably like Gears/Killswitch with easy transitioning to different cover, hurdling over cover, etc.

I really enjoyed the shooting parts. Enemies take cover and try to flank you, you need to keep moving if you don't want to die. I found it was extremely important to know where the enemies are so you can plot out a logical route to run and take cover as choosing the wrong route or cover place means you are as good as dead.

melee combat is interesting, enemies do fight back so you can't just run up and mash buttons. approaching the enemy from behind or surprising him and engaging melee does some devastating attacks which i thought were great.

I'm buying it for sure.

also a quick note, you don't need to use sixaxis for controlling grenades. i was controlling it with the d-pad.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:

Not trying to knock on the game, but hasn't that already been done in Half-Life 2? I'm pretty sure this has been something that has been around for a while.
Tetsuo Shima said:

Way to pick the some of the worst games on the system and pass them off them off as the best the console has to offer (not trying to say one console has a better lineup than the other, just saying your comment is bullshit). I guess I'll base my PS3 lineup on Mobile Suit Gundam and Lair. -edit- And before people start screaming OMG Wii owner fanboy get out of this thread and quit trolling lawl this so far is the the one PS3 game that interests me and I want to see how it is. If it's actually good then I'll only need seven more games that interest me and I'll be on my way to get a PS3 (assuming they don't completely ax BC from all models-- in that case I will say fuck the PS3).

I've never played Half-life 2, but I have played plenty of CS: Source, and since it doesn't happen while playing that, I don't think it happens in HL2. But, I could be wrong, since, like I said, i've never played HL2. :P

makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:

Tetsuo Shima said:

I've never played Half-life 2, but I have played plenty of CS: Source, and since it doesn't happen while playing that, I don't think it happens in HL2. But, I could be wrong, since, like I said, i've never played HL2. :P

HL2 and CS:Source are completely different games.

ameratsu said:

great demo. i am pretty impressed overall. the aiming system is very similar to RE4 with the exception that you can move while aiming. The cover system is predictably like Gears/Killswitch with easy transitioning to different cover, hurdling over cover, etc.

I really enjoyed the shooting parts. Enemies take cover and try to flank you, you need to keep moving if you don't want to die. I found it was extremely important to know where the enemies are so you can plot out a logical route to run and take cover as choosing the wrong route or cover place means you are as good as dead.

melee combat is interesting, enemies do fight back so you can't just run up and mash buttons. approaching the enemy from behind or surprising him and engaging melee does some devastating attacks which i thought were great.

I'm buying it for sure.

also a quick note, you don't need to use sixaxis for controlling grenades. i was controlling it with the d-pad.

wow someone who actually knows their history and knows that gears wasnt the 1st to have a cover system like that

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament