By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Demo Now Availible

wow im impressed by it.. better than i thought.. the A. I kept flanking the hell outta me

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Solid hit for Ps3 without a doubt even if it doesnt sell well its an excellent game cover system graphics.. gameplay

PSNTAG= Xander732

I'm only at 30%. :(

the melee controls are sick... and the a.i. is smart as hell.. i thought i was good taking cover behing this stonehenge thing but nooo they flanked the hell outta of me it was over quick....

PSNTAG= Xander732

nice the enviroment is destrutable too..

PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

shotgun is sick dam i keep running out of ammo though...

PSNTAG= Xander732

Should I get this or CoD 4? I already paid for mass effect, and had CoD4 preordered, but I can wait for that. Is uncharted worth a purchase?

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

i am almost there! i think it should be at 90% now. Can't wait to play it!

The demo's pretty short but you get a pretty good sense of the controls and basic mechanics. If you're into the COD games and love multiplayer, i would say go get that, but Uncharted does seem pretty impressive. Good controls, tough as nails AI (or at least smart AI), beautiful scenery. There weren't really any puzzles in the demo, so I can't really give any info on that. Based on the demo, I'm definitely buying this game. I'm a little bored of straight shooters at this point; been playing too much Halo. So I'm definitely choosing this over COD4. Plus COD's singleplayer is supposedly rather short, and right now I'm looking more for a story driven deep single player game after playing so much online Halo.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Downloaded the demo earlier today, simply put: awesome.

Uncharted has been one of the games that I've considered, but never exactly been dead-set on. But damn, the demo definitely has swayed me, easy day-one purchase.

The graphics are simply stunning. This is seriously the first game where, in multiple occasions, I stopped and looked around just so I could see everything. Even the small details, like when you submerge yourself in water, you come out wet, and the way the foliage moves as you run through it.
Looking past the visuals, the gameplay was surprisingly refreshing. Not only is the cover system solid, but the A.I. is some of the smartest I've seen. They actively flank you, and constantly poke around different corners to keep you guessing. It's definitely challenging, without losing the fun factor. Oh, and the melee system is great, fast-paced and actually requires some good timing.

Anyways, I've rambled on a tad much. Just go download the demo, and be impressed.