By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Delayed

this is a good thing. they put all their big games in q1 2010 with nothing for holiday season.

Around the Network
libellule said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:
Its not delayed it NA, Since it never had a release date.

Well By the time it gets out Forza 4 will be out with more features and more cars.

Looking at the features thus far announced, it looks like GT5 has more content than Forza 2+3 put together, considering it has 1000 cars, HD YouTube uploads, weather, night racing on every track, among numerous other fun things.  Why would Forza 4 change anything?

And what did Forza have to do with this thread?

Forza 4 could step its game up since GT5 already said what there gonna do, so they can copy them.

And Forza is MS  "GT Killer", its only proper that i bring them up, especially since there both competing for the same market and are sim racers.

again, GT trial demo has already killed FM3 full game in term of physics

you add the GT5 prologue model superior to FM3 model

then you add night+weather racing + 1000 cars

Let's put away FM from this thread

And you'd know Forza 3's physics oh so well because you own it and an Xbox 360, right? It cracks me up how people comment on Forza without PLAYING the game.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
libellule said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:

Well By the time it gets out Forza 4 will be out with more features and more cars.

Looking at the features thus far announced, it looks like GT5 has more content than Forza 2+3 put together, considering it has 1000 cars, HD YouTube uploads, weather, night racing on every track, among numerous other fun things.  Why would Forza 4 change anything?

Forza 4 could step its game up since GT5 already said what there gonna do, so they can copy them.

And Forza is MS  "GT Killer", its only proper that i bring them up, especially since there both competing for the same market and are sim racers.

And you'd know Forza 3's physics oh so well because you own it and an Xbox 360, right? It cracks me up how people comment on Forza without PLAYING the game.

well, to me, people at neogaf and GTplanet forum does matter more than my own opinion when it comes to judge "physics quality" of these type of game
but dont worry, it is not a full domination from GT5 over FM3,

GT = 2D tree, FM3 = 3D tree
wait and see

Time to Work !

themanwithnoname said:
libellule said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:

The problem is, he's right, at least for the physics term.

After finishing 5 seasons of Forza 3, 40% of the game completed and everything in +90% difficulty, GT T.T demo simply was better in terms of car handling, weight sensation, wheeldrive interaction, you could actually feel the moment when oversteering was about to take place to a single mistake in the acceleration, something that Forza 3 could only be felt in the high powered cars, from S/R3 cars and above.

GT T.T was not a good looking demo, but in terms of handling, it was the best simulation feeling i've had, especially when driven with a wheel. I just can't wait to experience the full game itself.

OT - I agree with those who have posted that we have no reason to complain about the delay, since there never was an official date outside Japan, everything else was just speculation. It's a shame for the japanese fans who where already waiting for the game, but i'm sure most of them will understand :) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

good that will mean it will release in na and eu around the holidays instead of july like many thought it would expect a bundle for it to in these regions

maybe that will be enough for ps3 to battle the 360 for 2010 holidays i see no ps3 price cut this year

Play Me

Around the Network

GT5 is starting to become the Duke Nukem Forever of racing sims. It may be an incorrect assertion on my part, but I think this what happened. They played Forza 2 went back to the drawing boards. They were about finished with the game. Forza 3 comes out and they go back to the drawing boards again. It's patently ridiculous that smaller studio, Turn 10, can release two full fledged high quality driving simulators with solid DLC support in the time that its Polphony Digital to release GT5. It's not like Forza 3 was a yearly update either. The game released over 2 years after Forza 2 and had an all new graphics engine.

snyperdud said:
Well Polyphony...

Let's try to get it out THIS DECADE.

I'm sure it will be out by 2020.

It is a little insane that a similar series birthed and made a franchise in the entire time that GT5 was in development.

So is only delayed in japan?

It's delayed in Japan so I'm not tripping.

And it looks like my prediction will be right, the game will release in August. Good for me though, exams will be done.

WOW , all these people live in japan or were going to import ?

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite