By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Delayed

Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:
Its not delayed it NA, Since it never had a release date.

Well By the time it gets out Forza 4 will be out with more features and more cars.

Looking at the features thus far announced, it looks like GT5 has more content than Forza 2+3 put together, considering it has 1000 cars, HD YouTube uploads, weather, night racing on every track, among numerous other fun things.  Why would Forza 4 change anything?

And what did Forza have to do with this thread?

Forza 4 could step its game up since GT5 already said what there gonna do, so they can copy them.

And Forza is MS  "GT Killer", its only proper that i bring them up, especially since there both competing for the same market and are sim racers.

No matter how much hot air MS comes out with a game with a paltry 2 million sales isnt going to challenge GT. MS all talk no substance.

Around the Network

ok no comment

All I'll say is that your crossing the limit now PD, you really are

I expect a holiday release for GT5 now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NOOOO!!!, cries.....
It never even had a released date for US and EU...sniff...sniff. Shot down before it was even born. Why, Sony Why?

Oh what a surprise...as if anyone didn't see this coming a mile off.

makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:

Well By the time it gets out Forza 4 will be out with more features and more cars.

Looking at the features thus far announced, it looks like GT5 has more content than Forza 2+3 put together, considering it has 1000 cars, HD YouTube uploads, weather, night racing on every track, among numerous other fun things.  Why would Forza 4 change anything?

I suppose it is competition even if it is indirect. I am not sure having a 1000 cars can excuse the delay but like I said before the fanbase for GT seem to be very forgiving.

The problem as I see it is the competition even indirect competition such as Forza will overhaul GT simple because of the output and it is this output that makes the FM comparison inevitable. The FM franchise has already churned out critically acclaimed sim racers with each one getting better. PD really do need to get product out the door and speed up the output or even the forgiving GT community will eventually wain.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
welshbloke said:
makingmusic476 said:
Garnett said:

I suppose it is competition even if it is indirect. I am not sure having a 1000 cars can excuse the delay but like I said before the fanbase for GT seem to be very forgiving.

The problem as I see it is the competition even indirect competition such as Forza will overhaul GT simple because of the output and it is this output that makes the FM comparison inevitable. The FM franchise has already churned out critically acclaimed sim racers with each one getting better. PD really do need to get product out the door and speed up the output or even the forgiving GT community will eventually wain.

It is not about forgiving, it is just about getting the best game on their console.

Time to Work !

maybe they are implementing the GEM support for GT5 now which causes the delay...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame! the game better be perfect on release

no idea how to make this properly work

It's getting beyond a joke now and the most worrying thing of all is that the release says "due to development issues". It's a late 2010 release for sure.

GT5 is an industry joke now, I myself am getting a little bored with this, Sony need to tighten the chain on Kaz or this game is never releasing. I think it is going to be a FFXIII like game where the long developement time hurts it.

Goodness FFXIII is so bad..........SO SO bad.

Oniichan said:
Talk about a misleading OP title. It's only delayed in Japan not NA or EU as they haven't yet gotten a release date. It looks like SONY not PD are pushing to have a WW release which is smart of them.

Also how does this news affect anyone here who had no intentions to even import the Japanese version of GT5 anyway?

I don't see how the title is misleading at all; the game only had a release date in Japan, so I think it's clear that an actual delay can only be applied to the Japanese version. However, if this site allowed editing topic titles, I would change it to "Gran Turismo 5 Delayed in Japan" so that no one would would complain.

Anyway, it seems that the game has been delayed by only one month, and I think it would be better if the game was delayed by at least three months as it was stated by the official press release first. The fact that there was no actual damage even at CES shows that Polyphony Digital still has alot to do.