By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Delayed

Theres no point in talking about Forza 4 in this thread. Its quite likely we won't see another one for this generation. My guess is Turn 10 are doing Project Gotham to coincide with Xbox Natal and then after that Forza 4 will come after a 3-4 year development window on the Xbox next sometime like 2012/2013 and be a launch/2nd year title 2012 or 2013.

Sorry for the offtopic but it doesn't make sense to even consider a Forza 4 for this generation, or even that it will be compared to GT5 and not say GT6.

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
Theres no point in talking about Forza 4 in this thread. Its quite likely we won't see another one for this generation. My guess is Turn 10 are doing Project Gotham to coincide with Xbox Natal and then after that Forza 4 will come after a 3-4 year development window on the Xbox next sometime like 2012/2013 and be a launch/2nd year title 2012 or 2013.

Sorry for the offtopic but it doesn't make sense to even consider a Forza 4 for this generation, or even that it will be compared to GT5 and not say GT6.

Um, you do know that Turn 10 don't develop Project Gotham, right?

@Cheebee: It'll hopefully release this year.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Um, you do know that Turn 10 don't develop Project Gotham, right?

@Cheebee: It'll hopefully release this year.

Yes, but the creators of that series are now with Activision. They are the only candidates for further development of the series.

^ D'oh! That totally slipped my mind. Yeah, you're right. I guess Turn 10, or a new development studio will handle it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

@coolbeans

I apologize then, I mistook the content of your post, since BigBoobieHead put too much focus on the particular example of Forza alone.

I agree, other racers have been helping push the genre to a better competition standart, which was much needed for the genre to evolve and progress further, instead of just getting a pretty High Definition makeover.

I guess we still have to see the impact of GT5 on the genre when it releases, but from previous iterations, GT5P and GT T.T (Heck, I'd even dare say GT PSP, if you look past the average reviews due to the sole reason of it not having a career mode) have given us an ideia of what to expect from GT5. It would be very good if PD can come through with their promises.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

What if we see a WW release for Na/Eu/Ja in october or november. The charts would explode D:

well i was expecting this to hit europe in the summer like they said last time they give us info about the launch... i could be so wrong in this one but aint this the first delay? where before september given any date of release by sony or PD to this game? weren't the previous dates or time windows of launch just internet rumors? i thought last september was the first time they advance with a specific date to the launch of this game! well no option for us other than wait patiently... other games should keep us entertained!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

coolbeans said:
@BigBobbieHead

After seeing and hearing plenty of reviewers and actual racers (who probably used a wheel as well) who are probably fans of both series as BUT gives recognition to competition unlike you and playing the game extensivly myself I can totally tell the difference between a clearly biased/fanboy statement and the ones that aren't. Yours falls under the clearly biased statement and your failure to recognize other racing games compared to GT just shows that.

@lestdark

How am I failing to recognize something like that or why would I argue about a racing fan's opinion on the matter? I don't see how that's not the case, I'm just pointing out that other series like Forza and GRID have helped drive the genre to be better (ie competition) and BigBobbie's statement are just terribly false.

Love the way you don't come up with any constructive points, you just do the old 'you don't agree with me so your biased' trick. My points are flawless, I am right, the end.

BigBoobieHead said:
coolbeans said:
@BigBobbieHead

After seeing and hearing plenty of reviewers and actual racers (who probably used a wheel as well) who are probably fans of both series as BUT gives recognition to competition unlike you and playing the game extensivly myself I can totally tell the difference between a clearly biased/fanboy statement and the ones that aren't. Yours falls under the clearly biased statement and your failure to recognize other racing games compared to GT just shows that.

@lestdark

How am I failing to recognize something like that or why would I argue about a racing fan's opinion on the matter? I don't see how that's not the case, I'm just pointing out that other series like Forza and GRID have helped drive the genre to be better (ie competition) and BigBobbie's statement are just terribly false.

Love the way you don't come up with any constructive points, you just do the old 'you don't agree with me so your biased' trick. My points are flawless, I am right, the end.

"Love the way you don't come up with any constructive points"

but what are your points ?

2D tree vs 3D tree ?

just be a little more precsie and they will be a little more precsie too

perhaps you will convince me to buy a 360+FM3 .... who knows ?

Time to Work !