By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Delayed

huaxiong90 said:
augustoaag said:

They should change the name of the game to
GRAN TURISMO 5 DELAYED

Umm...was that supposed to be funny?

Quite. A malevolent troll would have suggested GRAN TURISMO 5 RETARDED instead. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Galaki said:
GT Forever edition?

seconded

^ I lied! I have to post again XD. Right, Forza's damage is anything but extensive. Shit would be a better word to describe it, this can't be argued. Crashing at 130mph into a wall and getting nothing but a dent and a scratch is not extensive, and anyone who's played the game simply has to back me up on this. Forza's customization - Ive already mentioned. Its very good, better than what GT offers in that department, but when you look at the big picture and everything GT has over Forza its really miniscule, same as the auction house. And Forza didn't invent racing lines.

Secondly, hardcore sim racers don't want replay functions. If GT5 has this, I wont be happy. If you mess up, you mess up. Its cheating, unrealistic.

So...........I'm still right. And mods, calling Forza's damage shit isn't trolling. If I get warned/banned for saying that I bet its by a mod whose never played Forza.

You can't delay somthing that never had a release date to begin with.

BigBoobieHead said:
^ I lied! I have to post again XD. Right, Forza's damage is anything but extensive. Shit would be a better word to describe it, this can't be argued. Crashing at 130mph into a wall and getting nothing but a dent and a scratch is not extensive, and anyone who's played the game simply has to back me up on this. Forza's customization - Ive already mentioned. Its very good, better than what GT offers in that department, but when you look at the big picture and everything GT has over Forza its really miniscule, same as the auction house. And Forza didn't invent racing lines.

Secondly, hardcore sim racers don't want replay functions. If GT5 has this, I wont be happy. If you mess up, you mess up. Its cheating, unrealistic.

So...........I'm still right. And mods, calling Forza's damage shit isn't trolling. If I get warned/banned for saying that I bet its by a mod whose never played Forza.

At least all 3 Forza games had damage modelled in some shape or form. 

Seeing as you're so sure, which game did invent the racing line that Forza has perfected?

Finally in your posts you do nothing but discredit Forza which is already proven a critical success, any point you consider better than rivals you have belittled proving a sad bias.

If I want to know which game is better for physic then I'll look at the reviews on Inside Sir Racing when GT5 is released, I already know which will be considered the better driving sim and I'm pretty sure my opinion is the opposite of yours.

I apologise for carrying on the Off topic chat but I'm sick of reading bashing of FM in GT threads constantly and wish we had the mods rule a instant ban on it happenning in the future.

Around the Network

How in the world is the replay button cheating? More like "if you expect me to complete the 35 lap race again, just because I screwed up the last turn, you've gotta be kidding me." I don't think I would've gotten through all of the season mode without it.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Glad I dont care about GT. By the time this is out, no one would care anymore. Might as well save it for PS4

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:

Seeing as you're so sure, which game did invent the racing line that Forza has perfected?

Finally in your posts you do nothing but discredit Forza which is already proven a critical success, any point you consider better than rivals you have belittled proving a sad bias.

If I want to know which game is better for physic then I'll look at the reviews on Inside Sir Racing when GT5 is released, I already know which will be considered the better driving sim and I'm pretty sure my opinion is the opposite of yours.

I apologise for carrying on the Off topic chat but I'm sick of reading bashing of FM in GT threads constantly and wish we had the mods rule a instant ban on it happenning in the future.

It is not because a famous driving site say "YES" that the answer is good.

1/ they have NO legitimity to judge on the music/gameplay/menu/multiplayer/online feature because they are not a specialized gaming website

2/ their judgement is only worth for the physic part.

Now, if we focus on physics, Inside Racing are nothing but 1 site. In clear, you can't base your judgement based on only "1 site". Same go any media "video games/movie/book" etc ...

At the end: Considering the praising FM3 got from everywhere (lot of sites), I still consider FM3 to be the best sim around right now. 
But the Inside Sim Racing review is clearly a non event ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:

1/ they have NO legitimity to judge on the music/gameplay/menu/multiplayer/online feature because they are not a specialized gaming website

Now, if we focus on physics, Inside Racing are nothing but 1 site. In clear, you can't base your judgement based on only "1 site". Same go any media "video games/movie/book" etc ...

At the end: Considering the praising FM3 got from everywhere (lot of sites), I still consider FM3 to be the best sim around right now. 

I wouldn't go that far and say they don't have legitimity (!) to judge any aspect of a game/sim other than physics.  I wouldn't just blindly believe their judgement on physics either.    Physics on a racing sim are something you have to experience for yourself.

Jaaau! said:
libellule said:
slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:

I wouldn't go that far and say they don't have legitimity (!) to judge any aspect of a game/sim other than physics.  I wouldn't just blindly believe their judgement on physics either.    Physics on a racing sim are something you have to experience for yourself.

If nothing there are two objective criteria to judge a physics model, whether it's correct and whether it's updated often enough for the speed the simulated car will reach. 800Hz for example should be enough to "feel" a road modeled with 25cm granularity at 360km/h (=100m/s) as (100m/s)/0.25m=400Hz and we must multiply by 2 for the sampling theorems.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!