By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Better Value? Sony's PlayStation 3 or Microsoft's Elite 360

javidaco said: Who cares?!?!?! I'm an xbox fan and I hate sony, but what I love is playing great games... right now the 360 is the best because of the games, most probably in the future I'll buy a PS3 just to play Ninja Gaiden.
There's Ninja Gaiden on DS (Working Title) why don't you buy a DS instead?

Around the Network

The PS3. It doesn't make sense to me why anyone would buy the Elite at all. Just seems like an attempt by microsoft to catch up with the PS3, but by still releasing an inferior piece of hardware.

I contend that the value of a console is determined by the games available for said console. In this case the 360 wins, hands down EDIT: Just so no one gets confused, this is 360 winning for the time being.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I think that the people who buy the Elite will be people who want to use HDMI for DVD's and games @ 1080p. I don't think that they are going to sell more units because of it, but it does fill a niche and I'm sure it will sell and make particular fanboys very happy. I do expect it to be a stepping stone to eliminating the core 360. I also think that we would have seen HD-DVD in the Elite, if the format had maintained its market share from a year ago. Even M$ is admitting its an unproven format. I would have liked to see the newer chipset in it though. I bet they are making money on this one.

javidaco said: Who cares?!?!?! I'm an xbox fan and I hate sony, but what I love is playing great games... right now the 360 is the best because of the games, most probably in the future I'll buy a PS3 just to play Ninja Gaiden.
If you've owned Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black you don't really need to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Its the X-box original with improved graphics, 3 new chapters, and the ability to play as Rachel. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a 360 title. Itagaki was asked about Ninja Gaiden Sigma in a interview and he said that one of his team members wanted to do a Ninja Gaiden for PS3 so he allowed it. Itagaki is not handling Sigma. Now for anyone that has never played the X-box game and has their hands on a PS3, they should run out and get Sigma as soon as its released. As for those of us that have played NG/NGB, unless you are a diehard fan that has to have every version of the game.,I'd wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.

Around the Network

sieanr said: I contend that the value of a console is determined by the games available for said console. In this case the 360 wins, hands down
This is certainly the case with consoles in the past, and there is nothing to suggest that this will change any time soon. As to my previous post i was refering to "Wireless + Online for hardcore gamers" I know ps3 can be wired in, which is fantastic, and hardcore gamers will do this, but a lot of people seem to think wireless will be great for hardcore, it wont be. It will be adequate, but not great. Free online is fantastic, but at the moment I have herd, from IGN podcasts and IGN posts from the editors (not whiney people who post online, OK OK so they are just editors who whine, but i at least have some faith in them) that they would rather pay for a decent online service, I believe them. EDIT: Just so there is no confusion, they say something along the lines of "I'd rather pay for LIVE as it is a decent service"

Darc Requiem said:If you've owned Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black you don't really need to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Its the X-box original with improved graphics, 3 new chapters, and the ability to play as Rachel. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a 360 title. Itagaki was asked about Ninja Gaiden Sigma in a interview and he said that one of his team members wanted to do a Ninja Gaiden for PS3 so he allowed it. Itagaki is not handling Sigma. Now for anyone that has never played the X-box game and has their hands on a PS3, they should run out and get Sigma as soon as its released. As for those of us that have played NG/NGB, unless you are a diehard fan that has to have every version of the game.,I'd wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.
3 extra chapters is a big deal, when the original had 15 or 16. Rachel has completely new moves and animations as well. Also, the graphical enhancements are significant according to PSM (take that for what its worth. they are usually fair but of course will embellish for PS a little). I'm sure if Sigma sells well that future games will be on the PS3 as well. I agree with your point that anyone who has not played it should get it, though. I feel the same about Elder Scrolls: Oblivion that I stayed up all night last night playing.

Darc Requiem said: javidaco said: Who cares?!?!?! I'm an xbox fan and I hate sony, but what I love is playing great games... right now the 360 is the best because of the games, most probably in the future I'll buy a PS3 just to play Ninja Gaiden. If you've owned Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black you don't really need to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Its the X-box original with improved graphics, 3 new chapters, and the ability to play as Rachel. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a 360 title. Itagaki was asked about Ninja Gaiden Sigma in a interview and he said that one of his team members wanted to do a Ninja Gaiden for PS3 so he allowed it. Itagaki is not handling Sigma. Now for anyone that has never played the X-box game and has their hands on a PS3, they should run out and get Sigma as soon as its released. As for those of us that have played NG/NGB, unless you are a diehard fan that has to have every version of the game.,I'd wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.
NG2 isnt even announced and Itagaki is programming other things right now ....you would wait a long time . And as for the question ,its obvious the PS3 .For 120 dollar plus you have a all in one with free online gaming ,web browser ,the Home interface coming and most important a BR player wich is fantastic for HDTV owners .In fact ,its even cheaper if you look closely at it .

sieanr said: While Sony is offering dedicated servers with absolutely no lag (unless the player has a really bad connection, but that wouldn't be sony's fault) for free. No. Live is $50 per year, regardless if it's your first year or fifth. It's Sony who uses the P2P model for gaming, Microsoft uses dedicated servers for everything including multi-player, you just have your facts mixed up.
Hmm... no. Sony doesn't use P2P... If it was P2P the 40 player deathmatch on Resistance would be laggy, it isn't.

Did you copy and paste this in different threads? Give me a break.