By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Better Value? Sony's PlayStation 3 or Microsoft's Elite 360

ah dammit... sometimes I get all worked up for nothing...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

gebx said: Your saying that the PS3 has a bigger and better library then the 360 as of now? Bigger? nope Better? People will argue both sides, but the 360 has more exclusives, also has the 2006 Game of the Year Gears of War. You mention Lair is coming out in 5 weeks... Forza is coming out in 5 weeks.. then Shadowrun in 4 weeks after that, then Mass Effect 5 weeks after that... then Blue Dragon 5 weeks after that.. and so on and so on and so on for the rest of the freakin year!!! What the hell does PS3 have after Lair? When does that come out? and after that? 2007 is loaded with 360 games that are going to please every hardcore player! So you say your only comparing now to 5 weeks, well thats just stupid.
Good grief. Read what I responded to. Get the whole picture before you attack me. First of all, I never said it was "bigger" because the 360 obviously has more games out, they had a year head start. I pointed out that out of the top rated games the PS3 is already near equal with the 360, despite the year head start. That's it. I was saying the current games are very good for the PS3. Btw, to me Forza is just another racing game. I enjoyed Motorstorm and RR7 but those would not have caused me to buy a PS3. I will play them for awhile longer but fine, if you want to count Forza, my statements still stand. That's just 1 more game. My comparison is still valid. All my point was is that the 360 is not exactly blowing the PS3 away in game quality RIGHT NOW. If you want to talk future games, fine. I don't have the release list but I know it's been posted before on this forum. Those will change all the time. Can you please just respond to what I said? If you want to argue future value we can throw in Home, MGS4, FF13, Little Big Planet, etc. I did not want to do that. Please do not change the topic to make the 360 look better and then force me to research the PS3 games release schedule. I responded to what he said, so respond to what I said, not what I did not say. Please?

NO

I hate Sony's PSs, they crash in a year, so if you choose the PS3 be ready to pay $600 each year or so. I've also heard that HD-DVD renders better images than BR but I wouldn't comment on that.

Bying a Sony  is definitely a bad thing and I will never again by a Sony console in my life, they just lost a customer with their shitty "made in Sony" quality.

Kai Master said:

I hate Sony's PSs, they crash in a year, so if you choose the PS3 be ready to pay $600 each year or so. I've also heard that HD-DVD renders better images than BR but I wouldn't comment on that.

Bying a Sony is definitely a bad thing and I will never again by a Sony console in my life, they just lost a customer with their shitty "made in Sony" quality.

Hd-dvd and blu-ray use the same codecs hence they are now the same in appearance. And whatever experience you had with you ps2 I assure you it was not the norm. Both xbox and ps have a very low failure rate now.

Around the Network

The PS3 is over-rated, and so is its processor... It's under-priced for its hardware, but over the bar for many. Games-wise, the PS3 has a low value as of now, though it might change with FFXIII (if rumors are wrong) and MGS4. No need to explain that :P

I really really don't understand the point of the Elite, basically instead of dropping the price and really nailing Sony to the wall they raised it up to match them. The whole using proprietary HDD's that cost 5x as much as normal HDD's is outrageous, too. Hopefully the Wii gets off its butt and starts allowing any external HDD to be attached via USB and used as a "memory card"--but at least they allow *any* SD card to be used in the slot instead of just the Nintendo-branded ripoffs.

There are many games coming out in 2007 that are great for ps3 and xbox 360

PS3:

Singstar(downloadable content of over 300 songs will be awesome and will be the ultimate party game)

Warhawk

Lair

Hot shot golf 5

Heavenly Sword

Ratchet and Clank future:tools of destruction

mgs4

tekken 6

killzone ps3

uncharted drake's fortune

eight days

2 unannounced games by zipper, and sucker punch (so they will most likely be aweseome games)

Xbox 360:

halo 3

mass effect

forza 2

shadowrun

tenchu z

blue dragon

too human(if that report doesn't come true and is delayed till 2008)

In my opinion, I think that the gaems on ps3 are going to be better then the games on xbox 360 this year. If none of these games get delayed. But that is me.

Also Home is coming out on the ps3 this year too :).

I just wanna say if 180$ is a good price for a 120GB 2.5" HDD...

I can buy a 200GB 2.5" HDD for my PS3 for... 180$.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149059

EDIT: This wont work. Wrong connector type, but you can a 120gb for about 100-140$. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

The 360 harddrive cost to much we are getting raped in Sweden. 20GB 360 harddrive cost here around 142$ when 120GB harddrive for PS3 cost 100$. The new 360 harddrive will cost here 250$ for 120GB so we are still getting owned but Microsoft. But but..... PS3 cost 600. I dont care anymore Microsoft do whatever you want you have the money and the power have fun.