By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is the space of three systems (wii, 360, PS3) in your shops in your countries?

darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:
darthdevidem01 said:

where I am in UK:

GAME -- Wii > 360 > Ps3

GAmestation -- Wii > 360 = PS3

HMV -- PS3 > Wii = 360 ........very odd I know...maybe people buy more blu-rays there as its a multimedia shop first & a games shop next

Where in the UK do you live?!

Kettering, Northamptonshire

Small town but good, we have our own odeon!

& I might come to your university next year!!!!!

Oh cool. Good luck in your exams then!

Around the Network

In London it seems to vary by location I've shopped in, but generally what I've seen is:

1 - smaller, hardcore shop - 360 most prominent at front, then Wii in middle but with more space overall then PS3 towards the back least space (PC small display at front with core titles then cheaper stuff towards the back)

2 - larger store - PS3/360 equal space and sharing front, Wii larger space (not in total but compared to one of the HD consoles) towards middle, PC to the back mainly.

3 - electronics store - PS3/Wii roughly equal or sometimes PS3 larger - 360 smaller space and less prominent. What's interesting here is in such stores I've visited PS3 seems to get space both for games but also BR and linked to big TVs (which makes sense) while 360 is given gaming space only as is the Wii.

Overally the main change I've seen is PS3 space growing, 360 retracting a little and Wii retracting a little in most places although like I say smaller stores seem to favour 360 due to I'm sure higher sales of SW for the console for that store.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Here in Sweden it's still X360>>Wii=PS3

UK NW London

Wii - most space.
PS3 / 360 roughly equal with the 360 being marginally more prominent.
DS fairly prominent.
PSP almost non existant.
PS2 phased out in most stores.

Xbox 360 and PS3 have the biggest displays, the Wii has a medium sized one. PS2 has a surprisingly large display and PC has a pathetically small display. DS gets more room then PSP.

The interesting thing is right when you walk in (I'm talking about the EB games I shop at) the PSP display is on your left and the PS3 display on your right so you're immediately ambushed by Sony which is awesome! To get to Wii and PC you have to go to the back of the store (not that big of a store).

Around the Network

90% PS3
8% xbox360
2% Wii

Cthulhu said:
90% PS3
8% xbox360
2% Wii

LOL

At the Gamestop at Kungsmässan, Sweden, I think PC games have the most space. Wii/PS3/DS/360 is equal (Though DS has more games sice they take up less space) and PSP/PS2 has very little space. Blizzard games has a well deserved space of their own together with a few sierra classics :D
Half of the store's space is taken up by used games for 360/PS3/Wii/GBA/DS/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PSP

I LOVE ICELAND!

In Britain Nintendo is leading by a big margin (what a surprise ), and Microsoft is second.

The price difference between the 360 and the PS3 over here is even bigger than it is in the US; the 360 is $210 ($180 in some places) and the PS3 is over $400 (it's normal for us to pay more than both the Americans and the other Europeans). Our economy has been hit harder than most by the recession as well. With this going on, and a lack of advertising by Sony, it's no surprise that they're not doing well here. The UK is the only Western country AFAIK other than the US where the 360 is still outselling the PS3, and it will continue to be that way until someone at Sony gets off his arse or someone at Microsoft does something ridiculous.

EDIT: just read the OP properly

Advertising and prominence in shops seem to be roughly following the sames pattern, although the 360 is more competative with the Wii.

ps3 & 360: 45 %
Wii: 20 %
DS: 20 %
PSP: 10%
PS2: 5 %