By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is the space of three systems (wii, 360, PS3) in your shops in your countries?

in my country, spaces for the 3 systems are very similar, but the Wii and PS3 are still pushed forward (demonstrations and pyramids of boxes Wii/PS3 at stores entrances). but even with poor results the xbox 360 keeps a good representation in the French shops. How is in your countries/regions?

Around the Network

They're fairly equal, but Nintendo stuff is given prominence. PSP is usually the only console with little space, along with PC games.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

They're all fairly equal, except for the PSP which usually gets around half the space of the others.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

PSP usually gets the least space here

In Gamestop, the spaces are equal to one another. At my local WalMart Supercenter however, the WiiDS has more space than the PS3,360,PSP,PS2 combined.

Around the Network

X360 > Wii > DS >> PS3 >> PSP >>>> PS2

in supermarkets, the public is very casual ... it's the same thing here, for example "crossroads supermarket"  the Wii's shelf is the first we see, but in "Micromania" or "game", the HD consoles have a larger area (especially PS3)

In the UK I see equal shelf space for the PS3 & 360 now. It was more in the 360's favour a year ago. Obviously Wii/DS has the most space and PSP has the least.

damn! xbox and ps3 equal even in uk!

Here in Medellín, Colombia i found the same spaces for the top 3 makers, about 30% for each and a 10 $ for PC gamming.

The Nintendo space had the upper part for DS and the low end for the Wii, the rates were about 70% for Wii and 30% for the DS, but the DS seemed to have more space.

The Sony space was mostly covered with PS3 Slim, few games and PSP bundles.

The M$ space was similar to the Nintendo, but fully charged with X360, however there were few games to buy since they sell them very cheap and i suppose everyone was bought ja ja ja.