By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So we see that this site undertracks the XBOX 360- why?

Blacksaber said:
I love shipping compared to sales!

Didn't they also track the 3.88 (really 3.8)  million shipped by Sony and included it. That means they are tracking shipped, not sales to the final consumer..

Around the Network

I don't even know what to say...

If the true number of 360s sold to consumers is 38.17 million (36.77 + the so called missing 1.4 million) then VGC is off on its estimate of global Xbox 360 sales by a Mammoth 3.8%.

Imagine that after estimating Xbox 360 sales for 4 years VGC has only managed to achieve 96.2% accuracy. What utterly outrageous incompetence that VGC should claim any sort of credibility at estimating world sales of gaming consoles if it barely manages to be 96% accurate. They should shut this site down for being such big fraudsters leading us on with made up numbers they just pull out of their arses. I demand a refund!!

And what's worse? They are showing their obvious hatred for the Xbox 360. The whole internet is against Xbox, and that includes VGC. You should all be ashamed of yourselves, picking on the greatest console ever made like that. Just wait until Natal comes, it'll show you all! How it must gall the Sony loving VGC crew that they have to show the 360 in second place.

Life as we know it is now over.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well im sorry if i caused any confusion but NPD has shown that vgchartz can be unreliable. I didn't know so many people where so emotionaly attached to a website.

My Eyes!!! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!

mega-chris said:
i dont get it.. when a sony fanboy complains about undertracking he is the most annoying person ever. but when a microsoft fanboy complains he thinks he is right?

bring in the facts and then make another thread.

ot: i think this site is reliable seeing as how everytime npd gets released they are within that number. nough said!

This is a fact:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-360-has-sold-39-million-worldwide  

Sony also made an announcement of units shipped and it's correctly tracked, well actually it's slightly overtracked:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6443   

Around the Network
algorith said:
Blacksaber said:
I love shipping compared to sales!

Didn't they also track the 3.88 (really 3.8)  million shipped by Sony and included it. That means they are tracking shipped, not sales to the final consumer..

I believe that the 3.8 million figure was expressly sold-to-consumers. At least, that's what I remember reading from the press release. Here, things are far more ambiguous.

Falcon204 said:
Well im sorry if i caused any confusion but NPD has shown that vgchartz can be unreliable. I didn't know so many people where so emotionaly attached to a website.

Few people insist that you not question the numbers: I routinely do so myself, even if I think that they're overall "good enough" for casual "analysis" purposes. Where you've gone wrong is in being snide and insulting about it. There are better things to be snide and insulting about. For example, there are people who didn't like Little King's Story...

vgchartz does a great job giving these information out for free. it is unreliable at times, but its not inaccurate enough to warrant such a strong response like "the staff are sony fanboys" etc. etc.

if you don't like the site, the best thing to do is to discredit it is to just get out of here so it doesn't get more internet clicks and more popularity. =P

P.S.
IT'S NOT LIKE THEY DON'T TRY HARD TO ADJUST THE NUMBERS DOWN/UP ACCORDINGLY WHEN MORE DATA COMES IN. Remember ps3 adjusted down from that 1 million week? anyway, just be patient. =P

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

@ noname2200

That's not possible since it's Sony's provided figure. Sony has no way to track sales to consumers. So those were shipped numbers or sales to retailers. I thought they would fix MS numbers but it's been 2 days... 

algorith said:
algorith said:
mega-chris said:
i dont get it.. when a sony fanboy complains about undertracking he is the most annoying person ever. but when a microsoft fanboy complains he thinks he is right?

bring in the facts and then make another thread.

ot: i think this site is reliable seeing as how everytime npd gets released they are within that number. nough said!

This is a fact:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-360-has-sold-39-million-worldwide  

Sony also made an announcement of units shipped and it's correctly tracked, well actually it's slightly overtracked:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6443   

That's not possible since it's Sony's provided figure. Sony has no way to track sales to consumers. 

Er...why do people keep having conversations with themselves in this thread?

Wow... just wow... the ignorance in the OP's intro is... wow...

By chance... since Halo_Reach = only 37 posts... Are you Kowen? just sayin...

You by making this thread doesn't make you any more innocent then any of these "sony fanboys" of anything it spots you as a sour MS fanboy, hypocrisy is uncalled for, why do it?