By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII might be last true Final Fantasy!

@darth

Oh hell no, your hype has even gone through the roof yet, not until you see how a B.A.M.F the Master Tonberry enemy is! :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
VivaLaWiida said:
nightsurge said:
Really? I heard FF13 took away turn based play, the other characters are AI controlled, new leveling system, limited weapons/upgrades, monster encounters are no longer random, etc, etc... there was even an article posted but I can't find it right now.

You can find the same leveling system in FFX which is great IMO, because you can evolve your character in an invidual way.

I'm currently playing FFX for the first time and it's really great btw, but what's annoying me the most are the hidden monster encounters that appear every 5 seconds. So it's great that FFXIII won't include that element.

2 MONTHS 2 DAYS TO GO!!

can't wait, ever since reading user reviews my hype has shot up tons more!

Just staring at Lightning in HD makes this game worth buying <3.

No but seriously I don't care what other people or reviewers are talking about this game.. I will buy it day one with my own PS3 even if it would have gotten below 80% on metacritic (which it won't get).

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I hope we get a New fresh IP. I love Final fantasy, but 13 is a pretty damn big number. I would love to play whatever new game they come up with.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Lol, take that fans who keep crying that FF 13 too different.

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

@ darth & letstatdark - my hype went so high I finally imported it!!! Been playing for 5 hors and app I can say is haters get ready to eat that crow!

Around the Network

@perpride

Good for you! :D I hope that you're having a blast with it :) Are you understanding anything out of it?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

perpride said:
@ darth & letstatdark - my hype went so high I finally imported it!!! Been playing for 5 hors and app I can say is haters get ready to eat that crow!

OMFG OMFG

PLEASE make a NEW THREAD on your impressions, we have had enough ppl posting threads with cherry picked negative impressions from random blogs!

ALSO give me hourly updates on your impressions

I hope you LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:

OMFG OMFG

PLEASE make a NEW THREAD on your impressions, we have had enough ppl posting threads with cherry picked negative impressions from random blogs!

ALSO give me hourly updates on your impressions

I hope you LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second this!

@Darth

We will always have people cherrypicking negative impressions of FFXIII, even after the game releases here and everything about FFXIII is known and discussed off.

You know whom i'm reffering to ;)

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@Darth

We will always have people cherrypicking negative impressions of FFXIII, even after the game releases here and everything about FFXIII is known and discussed off.

You know whom i'm reffering to ;)

true true, it will only get worse in march

@perpride

do make a thread, if you want maybe make it after you've played more of FF13

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey