By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII might be last true Final Fantasy!

lestatdark said:
jack100 said:
lestatdark said:
@jack100

Oh, so you're one of those FF fans that think that FFVII was the last Final Fantasy ever made and everything else from that doesn't count? :) Sorry to tell you, but the majority of FF pretty much disagree with you :P

I'm confused.....I thought he was involved with every FF that come out from 1 to 10.  Anyways, doesn't matter, I feel like Lost Odyssey will have a more FF story than FF 13.

Final Fantasy IX was the last one in which he had any direct participation on it's development, but he had no part in the development of both FFVIII and FFX.

Since so many fans in here use that same excuse, I find it somewhat sad to see things from that perspective, because most of them try to past that as a Fact, when other millions of FF fans still love the series for what it is, innovation was always a staple in each Final Fantasy.

Sakaguchi was a great developer, the best Final Fantasy Developer, but the series has still mantained it's qualities and strengths, even if it's in a different format from what was done in the Past.

Probably there won't ever be a FF game to even equal FFVI, but current FF games have been good as well. 

ahhhh, I see, I see, well ok what if I said when Wada Became CEO, it started going downhill?  When DID he become CEO, when it turned into SE?

Around the Network
jack100 said:
lestatdark said:
jack100 said:
lestatdark said:
@jack100

Oh, so you're one of those FF fans that think that FFVII was the last Final Fantasy ever made and everything else from that doesn't count? :) Sorry to tell you, but the majority of FF pretty much disagree with you :P

I'm confused.....I thought he was involved with every FF that come out from 1 to 10.  Anyways, doesn't matter, I feel like Lost Odyssey will have a more FF story than FF 13.

Final Fantasy IX was the last one in which he had any direct participation on it's development, but he had no part in the development of both FFVIII and FFX.

Since so many fans in here use that same excuse, I find it somewhat sad to see things from that perspective, because most of them try to past that as a Fact, when other millions of FF fans still love the series for what it is, innovation was always a staple in each Final Fantasy.

Sakaguchi was a great developer, the best Final Fantasy Developer, but the series has still mantained it's qualities and strengths, even if it's in a different format from what was done in the Past.

Probably there won't ever be a FF game to even equal FFVI, but current FF games have been good as well. 

ahhhh, I see, I see, well ok what if I said when Wada Became CEO, it started going downhill?  When DID he become CEO, when it turned into SE?

I agree with you there, they started to focus way too much on expanding the main name of Final Fantasy to sequels and remakes instead of focusing the most of their quality to their main entry.

It happened right after FFX, but also during the Squaresoft days, they also released poor quality entries like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, and some shoddy quality remakes like Final Fantasy Origins, plus they had some main entries in the series that were of not similar quality to the rest, like Final Fantasy III, which is commonly accepted as being the worst FF. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

looks like the number 13 is indeed very unlucky, I will be very sad if FF Vs XIII is the last FF, maybe after that statement i should buy FF XIII, it may be just one of the last FF's I get a chance to play on (apart from FF Vs XIII)

Edit: I guess it also means there shall never be a FF7or FF8 remake, ever (the saddest day in history)

Finally thank goodness for Level 5, they will still give me some JRPG joy

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Sakaguchi has left ff since 6 then then by the 7 released ff became worldwide famous and RPG icon Nomura>Sakaguchi new blood and his ideas aproach more modern world since 7

jneul said:

looks like the number 13 is indeed very unlucky, I will be very sad if FF Vs XIII is the last FF, maybe after that statement i should buy FF XIII, it may be just one of the last FF's I get a chance to play on (apart from FF Vs XIII)

Edit: I guess it also means there shall never be a FF7or FF8 remake, ever (the saddest day in history)

Finally thank goodness for Level 5, they will still give me some JRPG joy

That might be the impact Square Enix wants to result from their statement, but who knows if this is just a marketing gimmick or not.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

[edit] Games

Hironobu Sakaguchi has been credited, in some capacity, with the following games.[4]

TitleYear releasedConsole nameDirectorProducerExecutive producerOriginal conceptSupervisor
Rad Racer 1987 NES - - - Y -
Final Fantasy 1987 NES Y - - Y -
Final Fantasy II 1988 NES Y - - Y -
Final Fantasy III 1990 NES Y - - - -
Final Fantasy IV 1991 SNES Y - - Y -
Final Fantasy V 1992 SNES Y - - Y -
Final Fantasy VI 1994 SNES - Y - Y -
Seiken Densetsu 3 1995 SNES - - - - -
Chrono Trigger 1995 SNES - - - - Y
Tobal No. 1 1996 PlayStation - - - - -
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars 1996 SNES - - - - Y
Bahamut Lagoon 1996 SNES - - - - Y
Final Fantasy VII 1997 PlayStation - Y - Y -
Final Fantasy Tactics 1997 PlayStation - Y - - -
Einhänder 1997 PlayStation - - - - -
Bushido Blade 1997 PlayStation - - - - -
Xenogears 1998 PlayStation - - Y - -
Parasite Eve 1998 PlayStation - Y - Y -
Ehrgeiz 1998 PlayStation - - - - -
Chocobo's Dungeon 2 1998 PlayStation - - - - -
Bushido Blade 2 1998 PlayStation - - - - -
Brave Fencer Musashi 1998 PlayStation - - Y - -
Saga Frontier 2 1999 PlayStation - - - - -
Parasite Eve II 1999 PlayStation - - Y - -
Legend of Mana 1999 PlayStation - - - - -
Front Mission 3 1999 PlayStation - - - - -
Final Fantasy VIII 1999 PlayStation - - Y - -
Final Fantasy IX 2000 PlayStation - Y - Y -
Final Fantasy X 2001 PlayStation 2 - - Y - -

Last FF hinoribu directed is 5 that 's why 6 is the first ff to invole modern world so much