By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII might be last true Final Fantasy!

What does "true" Final Fantasy mean?

Also, I think the core gameplay has gone through quite the change. In fact. after playing FFXII the first time for countless hours, there was a transition for me to go back to a pure turn-based style as I re-played FFVIII soon after. (largely to do with the pace of battle)

Around the Network

@ darth - I'm really liking Hope and Snow actually. Which is surprising cuz I expected to hate both of them. My final party only has room for the ladies though!!!

@letstatdark - Ill make sure to let you know. It's gonna b a little while though!

@perpride

Yeah, you'll have tons to do before :D Just make sure you treat Vanille properly, she deserves the best! :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

After reading the OP it seems that Square Enix is preparing their fanbase for some "shocking" news. Why are they developing two games at the same time? Are those games totally different from each other? Maybe it's like this:
FFX-2 -> FF13
FF12 -> FFversus

I hate Wada....

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 13 isn't the last true FF. The LAST TRUE FF was the FF that Sakaguchi made last.........unless if you count Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon as Final Fantasy, then the Last True FF was Lost Odyssey.

How do you imagine Mario or Zelda without Myiamoto? Why Final Fantasy has to continue without Hironobu Sakaguchi? Perhaps Square is thinking on new ideas for a new blockbuster JRPG.

jack100 said:
Final Fantasy 13 isn't the last true FF. The LAST TRUE FF was the FF that Sakaguchi made last.........unless if you count Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon as Final Fantasy, then the Last True FF was Lost Odyssey.

This.

@jack100

Oh, so you're one of those FF fans that think that FFVII was the last Final Fantasy ever made and everything else from that doesn't count? :) Sorry to tell you, but the majority of FF pretty much disagree with you :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

VivaLaWiida said:

"I believe Final Fantasy XIII is going be something special, and that it’s going to be well received by the audience," states Wada. "But whether we are going to continue to internally create this type of game remains to be seen, because I actually feel that the team that was involved with Final Fantasy XIII should next move on to create and generate some 'next generation' forms of play.

"I really think that the Final Fantasy team could create something completely different, but at the moment they’re strictly catering to the particular audience they have now."

Before people start to panic they should read the bolded part. This is not about the possible end of traditional FF, it's about the possible end of SE internal studio making them, it probably mean they are thinking of moving to the DQ model of making game for FF. A small studio formed of SE employee to oversee an external developer hired to make the game thus freeing up their internal studio to develop new franchise.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion