By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was anyone else dissapointed with KZ2?

JerCotter7 said:
CommonMan said:
-Newcloud- said:
why are people complaining KZ2 was fantastic!! people seriously new to stop.

I disagree, and reserve the right to disagree and list my reasons why.

Why not list your reasons so?

I've done it a couple times lately, so I didn't want to seem like I was just bitching, but here ya go, oh and I only played the campaign:
- Lack of color palatte, I do not care how shiny and smooth your greys and blacks are, they still ugly.
- I never really vibed with the controls, and was frustrated (this is where I get the "LOL n00b!" comments)
- I did not like the voice acting.
- The game takes itself way too seriously, there aren't any great moments of humanity, where you get to commisserate with the characters for just a second.
- They need to look at some other games to see how to put together a setpeice, the worst offender is the helicopter thing on the rooftop with the electrical nodes that you have to shoot, it was one of the most anti-fun 15 minutes of gaming ever.
- Fun factor takes a backseat to teh awesome graphicz and super realistic gunplay, and I'll never understand why it's realistic to take a full 2 seconds to turn 90 degrees, it doesn't take me that long in real life. I checked with my cousin's AR-15 (right-wing gun nuts FTW!) . I went to a range in the woods and was able to turn a full 180 and fire accurately much faster than Sev can. Should not be the case because I'm a regular guy, not a super awesome stud man(!).

That's all I can think of right now.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
CGI-Quality said:
Vetteman94 said:
Well the only issue I see was that you assumed that it would have splitscreen/co-op, which not every FPS game has to begin with. Plus I believe this game does not need it nor do all FPS games need it. Which is why there are tons of FPS games that do not have splitscreen/co-op, because they dont need it.

Also, will the Killzone 2 hate ever end?

As with any game, no it will continue. The distaste for Killzone 2 isn't the issue though, IMO, it is those who seek out such a topic to take unnecessary jabs at the title.

Are they really jabs or are they just opinions that you cant handle?........This is a thread about someone who was disappointed with KZ2 and stating his opinion and other members doing that as well.......dont make a post that doesnt comply with your opinion what it isnt CGI....like you always do.

Here we go, turning the thread into something it isn't. For a guy who speaks so often in the 3rd person, I don't think you're in any position to talk about what others do. Yes, IMO a select few have come to bash the game rather than give just an honest opinion. Seeing as that's MY opinion, and you've yet to really add anything constructive to the conversation, I won't reply to your usual antics again.

It's off-topic anyway.

First off its an opinion whether you like it or not nor are you in any position to judge peoples ulterior motives(when there arent any since nothing said in this thread was outrageous).

No one wants to hear your saying " LEAVE KZ2 ALONE!!!" no one is attacking the game nor are they wiping it off the face of the Earth.....they played the game and are stating their opinion , which is what this thread is about.

And no I wont say my opinion of KZ2 because ive only beaten the SP and have never played the MP but I believe you shouldnt be argueing that im not adding anything constructive when it is apparent your just here to protect your favourite game while at the same time accusing members of ulterior motives  <-----thats far worse than not saying something that is constructive.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

CommonMan said:
JerCotter7 said:
CommonMan said:
-Newcloud- said:

I've done it a couple times lately, so I didn't want to seem like I was just bitching, but here ya go, oh and I only played the campaign:
- Lack of color palatte, I do not care how shiny and smooth your greys and blacks are, they still ugly.
- I never really vibed with the controls, and was frustrated (this is where I get the "LOL n00b!" comments)
- The game takes itself way too seriously, there aren't any great moments of humanity, where you get to commisserate with the characters for just a second.
- They need to look at some other games to see how to put together a setpeice, the worst offender is the helicopter thing on the rooftop with the electrical nodes that you have to shoot, it was one of the most anti-fun 15 minutes of gaming ever.
- Fun factor takes a backseat to teh awesome graphicz and super realistic gunplay, and I'll never understand why it's realistic to take a full 2 seconds to turn 90 degrees, it doesn't take me that long in real life. I checked with my cousin's AR-15 (right-wing gun nuts FTW!) . I went to a range in the woods and was able to turn a full 180 and fire accurately much faster than Sev can. Should not be the case because I'm a regular guy, not a super awesome stud man(!).

Most of your complaints are leveraged at the SP campaign save for the controls which would applt to all aspects of the game. I'd have loved to hear your thoughts on the MP though I doubt you gave it much of a chance since you didn't like the controls at all.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

man I thought this site wasn't a place for fanboys but somehow you've managed to slip through the cracks. I gaurantee you haven't played KZ2 just by the way you talk. every game review site that's worth any of it's weight did nothing but speak on how good the game was. the graphics and physics are lightyears ahead of anything on xbox360. I know cause I have one. you're comments were nothing but fanboy hatemail.

coolbeans said:
Pristine20 said:
coolbeans said:
Yes, I enjoyed the campaign style the first one employed and was sad to hear they just made it revolving around one person instead of a squad.............and kept Rico lol. It's online and focus on the presentation are really it's only savings graces from getting the same score the first one received. Still a good game but not great like I expected, at least the online's addicting.

Isn't the online really what it's all about? You log waaay more hours into that than the single player. I'd assume its online should be the core component used to judge the game not its SP. FPS SP almost always suck. I only play them to get a feel of the game's controls. I personally feel that FPS games aren't worth purchasing if one doesn't play online. Might as well rent if one is only interested in a drab 6hr campaign

The point when making any game would be to try and make a great overall package, FPS SP shouldn't be ignored or not dived into when it comes to reviewing because they almost always suck (and I'd disagree with you, I find many FPS campaigns to be enjoyable).  With the scores it received and how it was said to improve on the original in all aspects, I failed to see that in regards to too many things in the SP.  It's graphics are great when it comes to most focusing points (lighting and gun models firstly) and I comend Guerilla for sticking to the gunplay formula although besides in anything presentation didn't really vary (yes the cover system but it's not well implemented) but overall gameplay like enemy AI (friendly was give or take about half the time) was improved greatly though. 

Agree to disagree, I've found a few FPS games that've made me only care for it's SP or care more about that then the online.  While renting does seem logically for 6 hour campaigns, in the case for Call of Duty 4 (as overrated as the MP can be, the SP was one hell of a ride) or quite possibly ODST (almost finished with it) I'd still be willing to buy them. 

Well, I guess each of us has what we value in an FPS. However, I still think MP carries the weight of the score even in reviews for good reason and most would agree. MW2 won't have its metascore otherwise because I haven't found a single person who thought its SP campaign was awesome. I personally won't buy  (or would resell immediately) an FPS if I thought the MP was worthless

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
CommonMan said:
JerCotter7 said:
CommonMan said:
-Newcloud- said:

Most of your complaints are leveraged at the SP campaign save for the controls which would applt to all aspects of the game. I'd have loved to hear your thoughts on the MP though I doubt you gave it much of a chance since you didn't like the controls at all.

True, I didn't give the MP much of a chance because I was mad at the controls TBH, a lot of my problem is that I picked it up late after hearing a lot of hype, and it was hyped to impossible levels. I came in with such high expectations that it did not meet, and I think that had something to do with it. Actually, I think that my experience with Uncharted 2 was similar, but I still enjoyed the heck out of that. I dunno, I may give KZ2 a try again when I can get it for around $20. I shouldn't just hate on it because of my experience. Moral of the story, don't yell "Best game EVA!" on the internet because you might wreck someone's experience.

I was a dissapointed with the single player mode, but I thought the online was good and the graphics are great. I haven't played the online in a while though.

CGI-Quality said:
chingrin said:

man I thought this site wasn't a place for fanboys but somehow you've managed to slip through the cracks. I gaurantee you haven't played KZ2 just by the way you talk. every game review site that's worth any of it's weight did nothing but speak on how good the game was. the graphics and physics are lightyears ahead of anything on xbox360. I know cause I have one. you're comments were nothing but fanboy hatemail.

Nah, the OP had a legit concern/complaint. No, not every FPS needs/will have split-screen or co-op, remember COD4 has no co-op at all. He isn't attacking the game, he just feels a game such as it could use those missing features.

It's gonna be tougher now but if you choose to play in rooms "your rank only", you should still have a great experience with similar level players. However, you may run into one or two similar ranked players who seem ridiculously good. Dont be discouraged. These guys are usually people like myself (who have logged significant portions of their life into the game) playing on alternate accounts mostly because their egos feed off their K/D ratios.

it' an amazing experience and a fun game but....no split screen or co-op kinda makes it a lonely shooter...u can't have that same feelin u ave with halo or call of duty to when if u r avin a party 4 ppl goin at it in da same room...while others shoutin n shit...it's jus missin that special "fun" moment to share with others u kno....

Yes, I was.