By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was anyone else dissapointed with KZ2?

I bought KZ2 a month ago, the graphics were amazing, the campaign was fun but I didn't realize until after I bought it that it has no co-op or split screen multiplayer at all. The only other FPS I have is Resistance, so I was looking for a good shooter for me and my room mate. I just assumed that every FPS would have some type of split screen multiplayer if you don't want to play online or don't have wireless connection like me. It was my fault for not checking the back of the game case but really, I've never even heard of a FPS without split screen, so the thought didn't even cross my mind. I basically payed 60$ for a game with a 6 hour campaign and no replay value unless I set it up online.

Maybe it's just me but I enjoy playing at home with friends more then I do playing with random people online. If this is the trend of future games to not include local multiplayer in favor of only online then I must say I'm really dissapointed with the internet gaming generation.

Around the Network

Pretty much.

It's just a generic shooter that isn't quite as good as Gears or Resistance but has marginally better graphics and was given more hype than the latter games combined.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I got it in my black friday bundle and other than the initial wow factor of how good it looked I was rather disapointed with it, just wasn't my thing. : /

My only disappointments was that the cover controls weren't as good as I'd hoped, and the voice acting was subpar. Other than that, my expectations were mostly exceeded or just spot on.

But yes, I agree that it would be nice with more splitscreen multiplayer action these days.

welll i the story was not really great, it was better than halo or any similar but not groundbreaking like MSG4 or uncharted.
campaign though was fun and had it epic moments.

multiplayer though is crazy.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
SickleSigh said:

I bought KZ2 a month ago, the graphics were amazing, the campaign was fun but I didn't realize until after I bought it that it has no co-op or split screen multiplayer at all. The only other FPS I have is Resistance, so I was looking for a good shooter for me and my room mate. I just assumed that every FPS would have some type of split screen multiplayer if you don't want to play online or don't have wireless connection like me. It was my fault for not checking the back of the game case but really, I've never even heard of a FPS without split screen, so the thought didn't even cross my mind. I basically payed 60$ for a game with a 6 hour campaign and no replay value unless I set it up online.

Maybe it's just me but I enjoy playing at home with friends more then I do playing with random people online. If this is the trend of future games to not include local multiplayer in favor of only online then I must say I'm really dissapointed with the internet gaming generation.

Your issues, now that I've re-read them fully, are actually quite understandable. I do miss split-screen in my games too and I'm assuming Guerrilla is listening carefully. Something like Killzone 2 does deserve to be enjoyed by as many people on one console as can be. The game play really is one of a kind, and it's vastly superior to other games in the genre IMO.

At least you didn't make this thread just to bash the game, which as you can see, has already attracted people who will do that. Sad really...

Ya the game generates a lot of hate because of the hype that was associated with it. If it had splitscreen it would probably be my favorite FPS this generation. It's just a shame such a important feature was left out which imo could have offered it more sales as well.

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
Pretty much.

It's just a generic shooter that isn't quite as good as Gears or Resistance but has marginally better graphics and was given more hype than the latter games combined.

In your opinion.

OT: I get that the game won't be for everyone, but this isn't any different from any other game out there: including Gears of War and Resistance, which I know people who hated both of those as well.

Take Modern Warfare 2. Good game, sure. Is it all that it's cracked up to be, not in my opinion. That's basically how this works, some are going to love it, others will not.

Of course my opinion.  But I think it is a fairly commonly held opinion that Killzone 2 didn't live up to it's expectations in terms of either sales or hype.  It certainly wasn't a bad game.  But it defined generic.

It wasn't helped by it's circumstances though.  It came out in an environment where we had a brilliant Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 on the market, and a just released Gears 2 and Resistance 2.  Add in it being the most hyped Sony game of the generation to that point, and many people were bound to be let down.

I don't believe the same happened with Modern Warfare 2.  General feeling is that it is as brilliant, or better, than the first.  Most complaints I hear are about restrictions on the PC version.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I was massivly dissapointed by it. I thought it was average and even the grphics wern't all that great. Don't get me worng, i was hoping for it to be awsome being PS3 exclusive and all but what i got was imo - rubbish.

It pales in comparison to both Resistances.

starcraft said:
Pretty much.

Though it is true that kz2 lacks split screen or co-op, its anything but a generic shooter. You see, if you ever gave kz2's MP a shot, you'll understand why splitscreen is impossible. I do agree that they could've added co-op though since there's always someone with you the entire SP campaign.

KZ2's MP is class based and focuses highly on teamwork. You can't really be a one-man army thats why it also has no free-for-all/deathmatch mode. The game would never work in splitscreen mode. It's just the MP design. Take it from someone with vast knowledge/experience playing the MP.

The best you can hope for in offline is to play with bots. KZ2 is far from generic. Don't make uninformed statements like you know what you are talking about.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

FootballFan said:
I was massivly dissapointed by it. I thought it was average and even the grphics wern't all that great. Don't get me worng, i was hoping for it to be awsome being PS3 exclusive and all but what i got was imo - rubbish.

It pales in comparison to both Resistances.

The graphics weren't great? I'm curious to know what you played at the time that had better GRFX than KZ2. I on the other hand was massively disappointed by R2. I never played more than 1 hr of SP before getting bored and only logged in 2 hours into the MP. On the other hand, I've logged 40 days into kz2's MP....more than any game I've ever played in my life and I don't see myself quitting till kz3 bcos none of the new FPS I've tried makes the cut anymore. I guess one man's meat is another man's poison.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler