By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was anyone else dissapointed with KZ2?

starcraft said:
Pristine20 said:
starcraft said:
Pretty much.

It's just a generic shooter that isn't quite as good as Gears or Resistance but has marginally better graphics and was given more hype than the latter games combined.

Though it is true that kz2 lacks split screen or co-op, its anything but a generic shooter. You see, if you ever gave kz2's MP a shot, you'll understand why splitscreen is impossible. I do agree that they could've added co-op though since there's always someone with you the entire SP campaign.

KZ2's MP is class based and focuses highly on teamwork. You can't really be a one-man army thats why it also has no free-for-all/deathmatch mode. The game would never work in splitscreen mode. It's just the MP design. Take it from someone with vast knowledge/experience playing the MP.

The best you can hope for in offline is to play with bots. KZ2 is far from generic. Don't make uninformed statements like you know what you are talking about.

I'm sorry?  I have thoroughly played 90% of the game's features.  Not to mention reading copious amounts of reviews, previews, and breakdowns.

I haven't made one sweeping statement about the right or wrong of other's opinions.  I have commented that whilst I found the game to be decent, it WAS in my opinion, and post-release, the opinion of a large number of gamers, a generic shooter with above average graphics.

The title asks if anyone was disappointed, disappointment denotes expectation.

In neither sales, quality or groundbreaking innovation is Killzone 2 widly held to have met expectations, as they were always too high.

I have no problem if you think it was disappointing but to say its generic is fallacy except we have a different view of what generic means. Generic seems to be synonymous to disappointing to you from what I gather from your posts. Generic, IMO, means same old, same old which is what kz2 wasn't. Frankly I think it'll have sold more if it just ripped of COD like Dante's Inferno did to GoW.

Exactly what reviews thought kz2 was generic? Last I checked, most reviews were impressed with the MP and it was 90% on metacritic. Granted this isn't the best was to judge game quality but I dont think those gamers are qualified to judge kz2 either. Most of the people who were disappointed in kz2 were cod4 fanboys who thought they had cod4 with improved graphics and sound and were disappointed when it wasn't. I'd like to see you dispute this.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

why are people complaining KZ2 was fantastic!! people seriously new to stop.

-Newcloud- said:

I disagree, and reserve the right to disagree and list my reasons why.

The game engine and GFX are amazing. Gameplay and movements etc is solid, and smooth....

Online balancing and progression is extremely dissapointing.

I enjoyed the game, think most people(who haven't played it) see it as a superb graphical shooter(like me) but when you play it, this game is on a while nother level. one of then best shooters I've played.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
-Newcloud- said:

I disagree, and reserve the right to disagree and list my reasons why.

Why not list your reasons so?

WHAT! how the Buck is KZ2 a generic shooter? its one of the best shooter this generation, and PLEASE don't even complain about the controllers thats just how it is and without it, the game would sucks.

KZ2 the best online gameplay if not then one of the BEST

PSN: HienTran2691

XBL: IVietCong

CGI-Quality said:
Vetteman94 said:
Well the only issue I see was that you assumed that it would have splitscreen/co-op, which not every FPS game has to begin with. Plus I believe this game does not need it nor do all FPS games need it. Which is why there are tons of FPS games that do not have splitscreen/co-op, because they dont need it.

Also, will the Killzone 2 hate ever end?

As with any game, no it will continue. The distaste for Killzone 2 isn't the issue though, IMO, it is those who seek out such a topic to take unnecessary jabs at the title.

Are they really jabs or are they just opinions that you cant handle?........This is a thread about someone who was disappointed with KZ2 and stating his opinion and other members doing that as well.......dont make a post that doesnt comply with your opinion what it isnt CGI....like you always do.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
Pretty much.

It's just a generic shooter that isn't quite as good as Gears or Resistance but has marginally better graphics and was given more hype than the latter games combined.

In your opinion.

OT: I get that the game won't be for everyone, but this isn't any different from any other game out there: including Gears of War and Resistance, which I know people who hated both of those as well.

Take Modern Warfare 2. Good game, sure. Is it all that it's cracked up to be, not in my opinion. That's basically how this works, some are going to love it, others will not.

Of course my opinion.  But I think it is a fairly commonly held opinion that Killzone 2 didn't live up to it's expectations in terms of either sales or hype.  It certainly wasn't a bad game.  But it defined generic.

It wasn't helped by it's circumstances though.  It came out in an environment where we had a brilliant Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 on the market, and a just released Gears 2 and Resistance 2.  Add in it being the most hyped Sony game of the generation to that point, and many people were bound to be let down.

I don't believe the same happened with Modern Warfare 2.  General feeling is that it is as brilliant, or better, than the first.  Most complaints I hear are about restrictions on the PC version.

Opinions can create vast differences. KZ2 to me was pretty awesome, not genre changing, but not "generic" either. Halo 3 though, was not brilliant as you say, to me, that was more generic than KZ2.

coolbeans said:
Yes, I enjoyed the campaign style the first one employed and was sad to hear they just made it revolving around one person instead of a squad.............and kept Rico lol. It's online and focus on the presentation are really it's only savings graces from getting the same score the first one received. Still a good game but not great like I expected, at least the online's addicting.

Isn't the online really what it's all about? You log waaay more hours into that than the single player. I'd assume its online should be the core component used to judge the game not its SP. FPS SP almost always suck. I only play them to get a feel of the game's controls. I personally feel that FPS games aren't worth purchasing if one doesn't play online. Might as well rent if one is only interested in a drab 6hr campaign

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler