By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

(well, I m focusing on the PS3/360 war since I dont know Ninty that much but feel free to add it on your comment)

we know that early this year a LOT of potentially AAA games will be released. It is true for the PS3 and it is true for the 360. A lot of those games will be exclusives for PS3 or 360. Indeed, the PS3, because it has the GT5, has a definitive advantage over the 360 (GT is indeed hardcore and mainstream at the same time, it is a strong brand etc ...)

BUT, if we look at the end of the 2010 then the situation is clearly differents :

360 has
- pricing advantage : they will be in position to slash the price again, not so true for Sony
- Natal that has a lot of potential and that has already been tagged "like a new console launch"
- Fable3 that is recognized IP, with good sales, very good rating
- HALO REACH that will be a mega hit without any doubt (brand + marketing + quality)
BONUS Gears of War3 : we know it is coming but we dont know when ...

PS3 has
- motion control: it has NO NAME (so it is not really born, so you can't hype something that doesn't really exist), it is quite similar to the Wiimote, and it is more a big interrogative point than anything else
- ???????????

Indeed, I have just no clue about what Sony is gonna do to counterbalance Halo REACH or Fable3

so what do you think ?

Resistance 3 (...) ?
Motorstorm 3 (...) ?
Killzone3 (so quickly after the 2nd ?)
New IP ?
Last guardian (amazing but not enought mainstream)
something else ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Come on, what is the point of this thread?

Take my love, take my land..

How about we wait 'till E3 to find out?

Resistance 3 is for sure. I happen to think GT5 very well may be delayed untill fall 2k10 also.

Killzone 3 no. They will alternate years and it's Resistance 3's turn, plus there was a movie picture that confirmed a Resistance 3 billboard.

Motorstorm 3 I dunno, the second was a bomb so I doubt it's in Sony's thoughts.
Last Gaurdian, will be critically acclaimed but not mass market.

Gears of War 3 almost surely will not be 2010 either imo. Microsoft will not support and market two powerful shooters in the same holiday season. Plus from CliffyB's comments, Gears franchise is undergoing a major revamp (to make it more RPG-like), so it could probably use extra development time anyway.

PS3 motion control does have a probable name if rumors are true, just not a very good one. It's said to be called "Gem".

maybe Agent?

Around the Network

HEY, I m just asking a question
just tell me what you think

I dont know ... maybe there is an IP I have forgotten but I have the impression that something is imbalance at the end of 2010 ...

Time to Work !

Zelda Wii trumps all

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

i am more worried about microsoft :/
japan and others are lost, they should focus defend US.

@toadal,

but do you really think R3 will be enought ?

I have also think about delaying GT5 ...

@Jaaau!

TRUE, very good point, if it stay PS3 exclusive ...

Time to Work !

Sony has a MASSIVE start to 2010, which no company comes close to...do you think they have nothing for christmas? E3 will have some shocks for you then....
Nintendo has ALOT to counter 360, Mario Galexy 2? thats all it needs!

umm Natal?...since when was that big?