By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

Xoj said:
i am more worried about microsoft :/
japan and others are lost, they should focus defend US.

I dont think others is lost but it is clear that without a big price advantage a lot people prefers to buy a PS3 over a 360 ...

the more funny is that, back to 6 months ago, MS basically said : "we are focusing in PAL because we own US"

and guess what they have done this xmas ? they pushed like never in US with the MW2/L4D combo and we quickly forget that FM3 was realized not so long ago while it was, according to me, one of their biggest weapon to get others

Time to Work !

Around the Network

After FFXIII releases WW HD will have NOTHING to counter Wii and the VERY LAST 'WAIT UNTIL......' game will be released!
And with Nintendos lineup:
Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda (now for 2010)
SaP2
MH3
NMH2
Tower of Shadow
Other M
Red Steel 2
The Grinder
Wii Vitality Sensor
bunch of other 3rd party games
Ultimate Super Ninja Gangsta Secret Nintendo Game
Black Wii in US
another price drop (when ever they feel like doing it)

it's business is usual lol!

PS: Gaming is D0omed!!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Nintendo have the Vitality Sensor, which has even more potential than Natal. I mean think about it, Nintendo have already done everything that Natal is trying to do, Vitality Sensor is completely new and is targeting stress, everybody is stressed! They also have Zelda which is a huge title in America and will be a system seller for sure.

Sony have less to counter right now, but we don't know what'll be out at the end of the year, I think Agent will be BIG but that's just my opinion.. What Sony does have though, is huge exclusives that will push consoles in the first half of the year and thus momentum. Momentum is a hard thing to break and only if Natal really takes off (hardcore and casual) will Sony have anything to worry about.

BrandonM said:
After FFXIII releases WW HD will have NOTHING to counter Wii and the VERY LAST 'WAIT UNTIL......' game will be released!
Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda (now for 2010)
SaP2 - will bomb
MH3 - 50/50 chance of success
NMH2 - niche
Tower of Shadow - first time I even hear of this
Other M
Red Steel 2
The Grinder - after The Conduit, this probably will also underperform.
Wii Vitality Sensor
bunch of other 3rd party games - and the PS3/360 don't have any, right?
Black Wii in US - guessing?
another price drop (when ever they feel like doing it) - why? their sales are great.

It's business as usual. 3rd party sales are low on the Wii aside from casual crap, and HD gets all the 3rd party software. It was like that in 2008, in 2009, and this year will be no different - Wii dominates sales and first party games do well, but is ignored, ignored, ignored.

Please, no list wars BrandonM.
Please.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Naum said:
Zelda Wii trumps all

THIS!

At the moment Microsoft have the strongest xmas line up, but everyone said the same thing about Sony a few years back when Microsoft and Nintendo were coy on what they had to offer until E3, I see no difference this year. I don't see Microsoft cutting the 360's price before NATAL either, they're already the cheapest console.

Resistance 3 and Motorstorm 3 are likely I reckon, maybe the Last Guardian too but non of those are going to be as big as Halo Reach :/. Agent maybe? Suppose they could cut the PS3 by $50 maybe too, I doubt they'll need to though.

I think they all have nice years ahead in 2010. Comments like that are no fun though huh?

For Sony, FFXIV is this year and I'd assume DCU will finally launch as well.

Xen said:
BrandonM said:
Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda (now for 2010)
SaP2 - will bomb
MH3 - 50/50 chance of success
NMH2 - niche
Tower of Shadow - first time I even hear of this
Other M
Red Steel 2
The Grinder - after The Conduit, this probably will also underperform.
Wii Vitality Sensor
bunch of other 3rd party games - and the PS3/360 don't have any, right?
Black Wii in US - guessing?
another price drop (when ever they feel like doing it) - why? their sales are great.

It's business as usual. 3rd party sales are low on the Wii aside from casual crap, and HD gets all the 3rd party software. It was like that in 2008, in 2009, and this year will be no different - Wii dominates sales and first party games do well, but is ignored, ignored, ignored.

I guess you missed the memo this gaming is d0omed ;)

Gaming make me feel GOOD!