By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

libellule said:

360 has
- pricing advantage : they will be in position to slash the price again, not so true for Sony
- Natal that has a lot of potential and that has already been tagged "like a new console launch"
- Fable3 that is recognized IP, with good sales, very good rating
- HALO REACH that will be a mega hit without any doubt (brand + marketing + quality)
BONUS Gears of War3 : we know it is coming but we dont know when ...

PS3 has
- motion control: it has NO NAME (so it is not really born, so you can't hype something that doesn't really exist), it is quite similar to the Wiimote, and it is more a big interrogative point than anything else
- ???????????

err...just an fyi, despite the common forum usage it's not Natal it's "Project Natal" which is the current code name for MS's controller free gaming.  Upon release natal will not be called natal, kind of like when nintendo's project revolution became the wii.

Around the Network

360 is fairly strong near the end of the year.

I'd say PS3 has:

- Resistance 3; If it follows the every 2 years timeline
- Agent; Its due for 2010 so it'll most likely be Q3 or Q4
- I'd hold out for at least 1 new IP that gets good hype

I don't know that's probably it. 2011 will probably be better then 2010 (besides GT5 and GoW3). This thread isn't about 2011 so I won't get into detail. 

libellule said:
Siko1989 said:
you don't know ninty that much? how do ya mean by that? i mean everyone knows nintendo lol

i m sorry : I mean it will be hard for me to point out what are the games coming in 2010 and preciely what are the games worth waiting

also, to say the truth, Ninty loves to wait a lot before revealing their game AT THE VERY last moment (3 month before release) =/= Sony

ahh ok, i got ya now.. yeah nintendo is always secretive,  i dont think they even made a release date for metroid other m and mario galaxy and its stated for 2010 lol

Apparently Zelda Wii will be coming out in 2010, this will effectively crush any other game on the market in 2010.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
Apparently Zelda Wii will be coming out in 2010, this will effectively crush any other game on the market in 2010.

Hype-wise, yes. Sales-wise, not impossible, but unlikely.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
FKNetwork said:
puffy said:
Nintendo have the Vitality Sensor, which has even more potential than Natal

LMAO! that cracked me up!

no hes being serious,, i would buy the vitality sencer over natal anyday lol.. i mean look at it, you can make an official nintendo key ring out of it lol

I will also laugh at you for making such a silly comment = LMAO!

SONY has 3D. They're going to focus on that.

They just announced an all 3D channel. Their previous investor meeting went over their plan for the future, which revolved around selling 3D TVs, and using PS to play 3D games and movies.

Cheebee said:
Raze said:

Hype-wise, yes. Sales-wise, not impossible, but unlikely.

I think otherwise, the only close competition will be FF13 this year.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Until this year's E3, we thought Nintendo had nothing for this past holiday, then BAM! New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Let's give Sony the benefit of the doubt.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
PlaystaionGamer said:
Sony has a MASSIVE start to 2010, which no company comes close to...do you think they have nothing for christmas? E3 will have some shocks for you then....
Nintendo has ALOT to counter 360, Mario Galexy 2? thats all it needs!

umm Natal?...since when was that big?

Xbox 360:

• Alan Wake
  • Crackdown 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Splinter Cell Conviction

PS3:

• Heavy Rain
  • God of War
  • MAG
  • and maybe GT5 in the first half in the west

The LineUps are pretty even. Don't know what the Wii offers in the first half of 2010, sorry.

And Natal won't be big. It will be huge.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...