By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crunch time for the PS3

leo-j said:
shams said:
erikguy said:
shams said:

The 40Gig model has failed (as many suspected) to capture the imagination of the public.

OH WOW!!! are u retarded?!! it came out like what, 2 days ago?!!

Since it's pretty obvious that u have the intelligence of a clam I'll spell it out for you....

GIVE.... IT.... TIME.

k thx

Nice one. Its been out in Europe for weeks. Noticed how the sales peaked two weeks ago at around 100k, and have now dropped to half that?

And like I said *this* is crunch time - the next couple of weeks. Not that it is already over.

100k in europe when was that? I remember it made it to 64k barely outselling the wii that week in OTHERS, and dropped to 50k and now its at 73k... the 40gb is not a failure. American sales are much higher than before and it exploded in japan, now the ps3 is destroyng the 360 in europe. Im telling you if sony takes japan and europe from microsoft, they will have a huge problem.

Look at the power of a price drop and new model leo j, we wont know if they succeed in America or japan until things get back to normal. IF MS gives a price drop for the 360, we cant suddenly say that those new sales are there to stay.

Ps3 is destroying the 360 in europe?.....

It outsold it by not even 20k last week. At this rate lets do some math.

20k x 100= 2 million, about the same difference in amount of consoles for 360 and ps3.

In that case, it would take 2 years for the ps3 to catch the 360 in others at this rate. And thats not including the fact MS can do another price drop when they need it.

I dont know what your definition of destroying is........

By the time those 2 years are up leo MS will be almost ready to release their next console

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

@lost

Yes ofcourse and its going to stay at 20k... so what are you saying that during the holidays 360 will be 320k and ps3 340k...

mM
leo-j said:
@lost

Yes ofcourse and its going to stay at 20k... so what are you saying that during the holidays 360 will be 320k and ps3 340k...

Leo this is back on you, you said it was destroying the 360, and it wasnt, did you mention the future? Nope so dont turn this around. I was saying your supposed "destroying" was utter crap.

By the way, we will see how the true sales are like once the 60g is out of stock.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Lets see, considering the price drop the PS3 is selling poorly. 360 is still ahead.

Europe is anyones game.
America is pretty much dead for PS3
Japan is all over the shop only occasional spikes for PS3 and 360. Wii pwns jap.

@selnor

The ps3 is still the most expensive system everywhere.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@selnor

The ps3 is still the most expensive system everywhere.

That is not a good point to make. The longer it sells the least the harder it is for Sony to drop the price. Next year I expect the 360 Elite to be less than 250£. And the Premium less than 199£. That will hurt Sony.

MontanaHatchet said:
What, you were saying that the PS3 is like the Dreamcast?

Because that's blatant trolling.

The Playstation 3 is going the route of the Dreamcast. That's not trolling, that's the truth.

a.l.e.x59 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The Playstation 3 is going the route of the Dreamcast. That's not trolling, that's the truth.

Maybe, maybe not.  Either way you are entitled to your opinion regardless of what certain posters or moderators seem to think.

I will agree with the sentiments that the situation the PS3 now finds itself in does not look too good.

a.l.e.x59 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I would take that as a compliment because DC was an incredible fun gaming console, serious  it didn't live for long but the time it was there it was amazing of how good the games are for it.

PS: The difference between PS3 and DC is less than 4 million it would be very strange if it sells so poor.

The PS3 isn't the Dreamcast, the Dreamcast only lost support because Sega had no money.

PS3 may hurt Sony but it'd be too much of a PR hit/embarresement to let it go. Even if the PS3 fails it'll still get plenty of support.