By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo takes charge of Monster Hunter 3 in EU/AU

Sounds good, if Nintendo markets this well and turns it into a huge success Wii (and future Nintendo consoles) could see improved third party efforts. This little quote about bundles makes me happy too, if there's the classic controller bundle I'm picking that up.

"It'll be out in April. Expect to see a lot more marketing for the game than you otherwise would have. Oh, and maybe one or two of those black Wii/Monster Hunter Tri bundles (up top), too."

Around the Network

Reminds me of the NES and SNES days when Nintendo would make sure games came by publishing the big ones themselves if no one else stepped up to the plate. Like Dragon Warrior which is now Dragon Quest :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't think Nintendo is going to drop the ball with this.

So it will sell well because it's first party?

They did this with Zack & Wiki too. Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite was very well marketed here in the UK, in all honesty I don't think Nintendo will do any better then Capcom (if it was Capcom) did with that game.

Around the Network

Did you guys see how Capcom advertised this game in Japan? It was like a Halo game or something.

Nintendo realized: "FINALLY a BIG 3rd party game. Let's make it work!"

That's why they'll do the same with Dragon Quest X.

Nintendo told Capcom:"Move over son I gots thiss"

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Guess Nintendo had the money while Capcom did not

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Chrizum said:
I'm afraid this means Monster Hunter 3 will flop in the west. Just take a look at any non-mainstream game from Nintendo: Disaster, Metroid, ExciteBots, barely any advertizing at all.

If Nintendo were going to do a worse job with it than Capcom themselves, i doubt Capcom would let them take on the burden.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i didnt know nintendo was gonna help out with the game this muhc