By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo takes charge of Monster Hunter 3 in EU/AU

MH3 is the climax of hardcore gaming in Wii. MH3 will be used to to try to bring hardcore players to the nintendo console once again.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
I've known Nintendo would do something like this for a while. Capcom made it clear quite some time ago that Nintendo was going to help push this game in the west, as well as S-E stating the same about Dragon Quest.

yea, but helping push the title doesn't have to mean publishing it. They could do a Wii comercial where they are playing MH3 and advertise both products at once. Or bundle the game with the system, or give it the front page on their website (which gets a lot of trafic)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

i think nintedo is helping 3rd parties advertise since the advert for crystal bearers has a very microsoft like ending where they show the new wii price

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

nordlead said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I've known Nintendo would do something like this for a while. Capcom made it clear quite some time ago that Nintendo was going to help push this game in the west, as well as S-E stating the same about Dragon Quest.

yea, but helping push the title doesn't have to mean publishing it. They could do a Wii comercial where they are playing MH3 and advertise both products at once. Or bundle the game with the system, or give it the front page on their website (which gets a lot of trafic)

Did you read what I wrote? "something like this" is not "publishing it". But even then, doing just a commercial would not be that. I knew they would at least take charge of marketing it, since that is what Capcom said Nintendo promised to do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Did you also notice that it´s supposed to be released in April. It would be great
news if true.

Around the Network

Surely this news makes it more likely the online will be free - for PAL regions at least......?

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Boggern said:
Did you also notice that it´s supposed to be released in April. It would be great
news if true.

It's not a rumor. That is the actual release date for those regions. Just would like to know about release in the Americas.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

That's great. And April release date? Fantastic.

LordTheNightKnight said:
nordlead said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Did you read what I wrote? "something like this" is not "publishing it". But even then, doing just a commercial would not be that. I knew they would at least take charge of marketing it, since that is what Capcom said Nintendo promised to do.

yea, I read what you said. I understood distributing (in the OP) as publishing. It may be a mistake on my part.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
nordlead said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

yea, I read what you said. I understood distributing (in the OP) as publishing. It may be a mistake on my part.

The thing is that it's not the publishing that matters as much as Nintendo taking charge of the marketing and distribution. Hopefully this is Nintendo trying to do for MH what Sony did for Final Fantasy in the west.