By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo takes charge of Monster Hunter 3 in EU/AU

As some of you mentioned Nintendo's previous record doing stuff like this is not exactly first rate.

Yet I cant help but think it is a good thing. Let's be honest.

Even if Nintendo does a crap job can capcom do any better?

At least Nintendo has "unlimited" resources and therefore the potential to do a good marketing job.
They might still do a crap job but that's entirely up to them.

Around the Network

Let's just hope the game becomes a huge hit and see Monster Hunter 4 as a wii excluesive

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Chrizum said:
I'm afraid this means Monster Hunter 3 will flop in the west. Just take a look at any non-mainstream game from Nintendo: Disaster, Metroid, ExciteBots, barely any advertizing at all.

i agree with you, but then again who in their right mind thought Monster Hunter 3 will SELL in the west. Only delutionals fanboys believe that.

gansito said:
Chrizum said:
I'm afraid this means Monster Hunter 3 will flop in the west. Just take a look at any non-mainstream game from Nintendo: Disaster, Metroid, ExciteBots, barely any advertizing at all.

i agree with you, but then again who in their right mind thought Monster Hunter 3 will SELL in the west. Only delutionals fanboys believe that.

Apparantly Capcom did.

Capcom clocked WW sales of MH3 to 2 million. Some one million of those, they expect them to come from outside Japan.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

gansito said:
Chrizum said:

Do you really think that nintendo would lt a game like this bomb? No,Also don't underestimate the wii fanbase or nintendo.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Nintendo can advertise it all they want, this still begs the question: Is this a game western gamers want? I honestly don't see Monster Hunter doing anywhere as well here and in Europe as it does in Japan, at least with how the series is currently handled. It's not a bridge game, it doesn't use motion controls and it isn't pick up and play; I'm failling to see how Nintendo can properly market this game.

justinian said:
As some of you mentioned Nintendo's previous record doing stuff like this is not exactly first rate.

Eh, what?  Nintendo's recent track record with this sort of thing is pretty much limited to Layton, which is HUGELY successful.

Iwata's compared the pushes they're doing for Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest to stuff like Brain-Age and Pokemon (both being games that industry insiders said were impossible to sell to westerners).  This is the real deal, Nintendo wants to make these series BIG...

thank you Nintendo. This is big news. Perhaps this was part of the deal Nintendo made to get MH3 on wii, but I think this helps the chances that future MH games are on Nintendo systems. I wouldn't be surprised if MH4 was on DS2. I don't think Nintendo would agree to advertise MH3 if they knew that it wasn't even gonna be exclusive to their system or that next game was coming out on a sony system. Why build up a franchise on a Nintendo system only to see it go to another system? I can't say for sure but it's a good sign anyway.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I half suspect MH3 may stay western exclusive itself. There's really no point in a western PSP release, the games hardly sell. Nintendo's done this sort of thing before too (ie: Tales of Symphonia).

this should put to bed any rumors about MH3 on PS3, at least anytime soon at all. There must be an agreement in place here.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X