By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - just got K2...OMG graphics are INSANE

CommonMan said:
Killzone 2 has more shinyness, more orange glowey eyeballs, the most greys and blacks EVA, and super ZOMG amazing megaflops of POWA! Other than that, it's an ugly game.

Uncharted 2 is so much better on every level except technical superpowaz it ain't even close.

what does ZOMG mean?and why to people spell the as teh?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
CommonMan said:
Killzone 2 has more shinyness, more orange glowey eyeballs, the most greys and blacks EVA, and super ZOMG amazing megaflops of POWA! Other than that, it's an ugly game.

Uncharted 2 is so much better on every level except technical superpowaz it ain't even close.

Internet talks my friend.  B_3_L_I_E_V_E  in "Teh Cell" and things "will BE HUGE"!!!

haha that makes sense now,sorry!i knew what omg meant but then a zomg,i was like wtf does that mean ha

Uncharted all the way. I thought K2 graphics were overrated. Gameplay wise Uncharted all the way too.

maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
CommonMan said:

Internet talks my friend.  B_3_L_I_E_V_E  in "Teh Cell" and things "will BE HUGE"!!!

haha that makes sense now,sorry!i knew what omg meant but then a zomg,i was like wtf does that mean ha

I believe it's called "l33tspeak (leetspeak)" and as a 32 year-old I really shouldn't be using it. I was just kind of being a dick because of my intense dislike for Killzone 2.

aher052 said:
Xxain said:
buying games based on graphics is a terrible habit

they tend to be good games because if the developer spends times on teh graphics then they care about the quality of the game so usually the game is good

and both killzone 2 and uncharted 2 have received metacritic scores of 90+

Completely wrong. Killzone 2 has incredible graphics but the frames per second, gameplay, storytelling and multiplayer (guild stuff etc) aren't that good. The same goes for a lot of games like Assassin's Creed 1, when they showed the demo I was like "omg!" but the campaign is very repetitive and recycled. I prefer to see a company spending their time improving gameplay and campaign than graphics, sad enough, there are games that sacrifice frames per second for graphics and that's not cool.

Graphics =/= Quality and I agree with Xxain. Of course, there are games with graphics AND quality but it won't happen with every game.

Oh and about Uncharted 2, I think you will have more "WOWs" from Uncharted 2.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
CommonMan said:

OMG x OMG = OMG² = ZOMG

both are great... go buy uncharted 2 NOW! (if you are still reading this, is because u have authority issues)

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

CommonMan said:
maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
CommonMan said:

I believe it's called "l33tspeak (leetspeak)" and as a 32 year-old I really shouldn't be using it. I was just kind of being a dick because of my intense dislike for Killzone 2.

whats wrong with KZ2??and dont say Mw2 is better.

Barozi said:
maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
CommonMan said:

OMG x OMG = OMG² = ZOMG

haha who makes these words up??

Hisiru said:
aher052 said:
Xxain said:
buying games based on graphics is a terrible habit

they tend to be good games because if the developer spends times on teh graphics then they care about the quality of the game so usually the game is good

and both killzone 2 and uncharted 2 have received metacritic scores of 90+

Completely wrong. Killzone 2 has incredible graphics but the frames per second, gameplay, storytelling and multiplayer (guild stuff etc) aren't that good. The same goes for a lot of games like Assassin's Creed 1, when they showed the demo I was like "omg!" but the campaign is very repetitive and recycled. I prefer to see a company spending their time improving gameplay and campaign than graphics, sad enough, there are games that sacrifice frames per second for graphics and that's not cool.

Graphics =/= Quality and I agree with Xxain. Of course, there are games with graphics AND quality but it won't happen with every game.

Oh and about Uncharted 2, I think you will have more "WOWs" from Uncharted 2.

I would say that in general, graphics does not equal good game, but there is a strong correlation, but I completely disagree with the bolded part, except storytelling