By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - just got K2...OMG graphics are INSANE

CGI-Quality said:
@ Pristine

Don't you miss the days when people would welcome a learning curve?

I definitely miss them. Pick up and play is the new trend now

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Pristine

I do welcome a learning curve, but if nothing else about the game is interesting to me, what is my motivation for working through that learning curve? My game time is so minimal that I don't have time to play a game I don't like just to prove my l33t-ness at teh headshotz. I think it's entirely possible for me to be a good gamer and not like Killzone 2 at the same time.

BigBoobieHead said:
Pristine there is no way u have got better at KZ2 Online!. Heck, I used to play with the clan ages ago in like May and you were a beast then. (and an utter pain in the ass when I was on the other team )

Glad to hear you considered me that skillful then even though I personally didn't feel very skilled lol. What's PSN ID were you using back then?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Killzone 2's visuals amazed me more than Uncharted 2's. I would say Killzone 2 has the edge during certain aspects, but Uncharted 2's visuals kind of just... flow better.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Pristine20 said:
BigBoobieHead said:
Pristine there is no way u have got better at KZ2 Online!. Heck, I used to play with the clan ages ago in like May and you were a beast then. (and an utter pain in the ass when I was on the other team )

Glad to hear you considered me that skillful then even though I personally didn't feel very skilled lol. What's PSN ID were you using back then?

Maddness94, I mean I kicked your ass a few times, but you beat me way more lol. Damn, every time I talk to you Im on a different VGC account haha, I really got to stop.

Around the Network
BigBoobieHead said:
Pristine20 said:
BigBoobieHead said:

Maddness94, I mean I kicked your ass a few times, but you beat me way more lol. Damn, every time I talk to you Im on a different VGC account haha, I really got to stop.

lol Maddness, you sure do change accounts a lot. I on the other had am resistant to change. All my accounts are of the format PristineXX where XX represents 2 numbers and I only play online as Pristine20.

CGI-Quality said:
Pristine20 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Pristine

Unfortunately.

To me, it's WHY Killzone 2 is so great. It wasn't "camera-on-a-stick, lightning fast, unrealistic movement. It had weight, first-person cover, and above all, was a BLAST to play. It's a shame more FPS games don't take as many risks, the genre really feels saturated with the same ol', same ol'.

+1

CGI-Quality said:
Pristine20 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Pristine

Unfortunately.

To me, it's WHY Killzone 2 is so great. It wasn't "camera-on-a-stick, lightning fast, unrealistic movement. It had weight, first-person cover, and above all, was a BLAST to play. It's a shame more FPS games don't take as many risks, the genre really feels saturated with the same ol', same ol'.

Yup, gun battles are the best part of kz2 MP IMO. Your reasons are  also part of the reason  why it feels like no other MP FPS makes the cut IMO and I have to wait fo kz3. The Battlefield demo was boring with its lack of action. MAG looked like a very old game and was no fun either IMO. KZ2's sound is also one of its hidden gems that hardly anyone gives it credit for.

The graphics are definitely good but all the warehouse/factory buildings get old after a while. The desert levels were amazing. I was disappointed that there wasn't more of that in multiplayer.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Pristine

I don't think the gamers changed, but the devs that realized their games would sell way more if they target the casual audience, which outnumbers the hardcore by tons.

As for games with steep learning curves, Warhawk is very underrated.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

kz2,yeap no excuse (except no liking fps...) not to try/get at least used when you get a ps3...
still fire it up and start the campaign again from the start time-to-time.... :)

and remember when everyone was calling bs the gfx and that it will never be released... :)