Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT GotY Awards 2009: Game of the Year

Really hoped Id never say this.

Gametrailers is a huge 360 fanboy

PSWii

Around the Network

mmmmm, Only Gamespot has been creative

demonfox13 said:
leo-j said:
Hypocrites, the biggest hypocrites I have ever witnissed when it comes to reviewing games

"No matter what the game, if the game doesn't bring something ground breakinly new and innovative, it will not receive anything higher than what Uncharted 2 received(93)"

2 weeks later: Call of duty: Modern warfare 2 : 97

Do I agree with the award, no I certainly do not, can I do anything about it? No, its there opinion, and I certainly do not respect it, after there GRID COMPARISON (somehow the PS3 version looked worse than the PS3 version oh wait I mean 360 version...) the stupid XMEN COMPARISON (how funny that the ps3 has 360 buttons), and there biased comments on there awards throughout the entire freaking generation

"Lair is our biggest dissapointment of 2007, and we can only hope there is more to come from the ps3"

"Uncharted is the best looking game on console, and sets itself well above 360 games, BUT COD4 wins best graphics either way"

" After dominating the gaming scene most of the generation, the XBOX 360 takes a break, and the PS3 takes a year of good games (hell they did give the ps3 best software last year, did they completely blank there mind out or what?) "

All of that just really makes me not like them at all..

Am I ranting? Actually yes, I know it may have little to do with the award, but I just wanted it to be said. They act as if Uncharted 2 has no multiplayer at all..in that video, when it has one of the most addictive and best third person multiplayer experiences of the generation.

Is this another guy that got banned for speaking the truth? curious

He was not banned for that post, so no.

CaptDS9E said:
"All this does is give me even greater respect for Gamespot. They really had the balls to give a truly niche game with real gameplay innovation the GOTY in the face of all those multi-million selling derivatives. It'll be the only GOTY Demon's Souls gets but it's one of the big'uns. I just hope it prompts a PAL regions release."

The same site who fired employees for not giving a game a good review, because that company it was giving ad dollars ?. yeah no respect here for Gamespot.

As for gametrailers. I think people keep forgetting that this is THEIR opinion. Not yours, get over it.

Nothing wrong with it being their opinion, but they have to keep true to their own word. Saying the GOTY has to be this this and that and then giving it to the game that has none of those qualities is ....laughable.

theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:
Well deserved MW2, well deserved.

Obviously every PS3 fan will be upset by this and call bullshit. Uncharted 2 can't win everything.

have you played uc2?

I have, and it is a great game. Ps3 fans really get offended by opinion way to easily. I believe NSMBW deserved it this year, but that won't win due to many reasons. 

MW isn't a bad game at all.

Around the Network

I find it ironic that Gampespot did not give MW2 shooter of the year (the award went to KZ2) and yet GT gave it GAME of the year!

:)

well it's a very good game and it deserves a few award so they can make a game of the year version next year.So i can live with that ;)

my goty:

1 uncharted 2
2 killzone 2
3 modern warfare 2
4 assasin's creed
5 Tekken 6(fuk street fighter :P )

Fufinu said:
I find it ironic that Gampespot did not give MW2 shooter of the year (the award went to KZ2) and yet GT gave it GAME of the year!

How is that ironic? Just curious.

Acevil said:
Fufinu said:

One could argue that the game of the year should at least dominate its own category (provided it gets one).

papflesje said:
Acevil said:
Fufinu said:

One could argue that the game of the year should at least dominate its own category (provided it gets one).

But they are different sites....hence where is the irony?