By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii pass the GCN in # of AAA titles?

Will the Wii pass the GCN in # of AAA titles?

Yes 97 50.52%

No 95 49.48%

Total:192
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

It's also conspicuously absent in several of the highest-rated games on all systems. Look at Twilight Princess. Or Halo 3. Or MGS4, God help us all.

Isn't it reasonable to say that reviewers just don't like it as much as the average Wii owner?

Red - Definately seems that way.

Then that's all there is! Everything past that, every attributed reason, from bias to innovation to whatever, is pure speculation unless the reviewers try to come up with an explanation as to why their tastes do not match those of their theoretical audience.

Which will never, ever happen haha

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:

Red - Definately seems that way.

Then that's all there is! Everything past that, every attributed reason, from bias to innovation to whatever, is pure speculation unless the reviewers try to come up with an explanation as to why their tastes do not match those of their theoretical audience.

Which will never, ever happen haha

You are probably right!

Of course, what this gap means is more easily extrapolated, but... we'll let that wait for another day

-ku- said:
Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
I consider NSMBW an AAA title yet it just lacks below 90 because of some sour whiny reviewers.

Honestly the game doesnt even feel better then ratchet and clank its too conservative nothing new.

How come all other sequel that add so little to the genre get lower scores than their predescessors but god forbid the Leading Franchise on the Nintendo systems not be an exception

You need to add a "imo" somewhere in there.  I respectfully disagree.  They builty on what was already successful, brought back some nostalgic features, and did add some new stuff.

Imo, NSBW is better than any Ratchet and Clank game (again, imo, feel free to disagree, I won't beat you up... much :P, nah, jk).  I was really never a big fan of R&C, but could see why some would love it.

And your last sentence seems to be twisting my words, I never said it deserved a higher score than any of its predecessors, and it's not even my favourite Mario 2-D platforming game (that goes to SMW), I was saying that it's not considered an "AAA" game because metacritic took into account some sour reviewers who used the repetitious argument "it's the same," yet other franchises such as Halo, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and many others seems to get exempt from this (note, I actually love playing those franchises I just listed).