By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamekult FF13 import review - 7/10 - its a bad RPG, a bad FF

twesterm said:
Diablerie said:

So, according to them, it's just as bad as FFVI (PSOne), Dissidia, Crisis Core and FFIII (DS).  However it is better than FFIV (DS)....

So, it looks like it will be a great game.

Where did you glean that from?

-edit-

And does anybody else find it funny that if this review was a 9/10 or 10/10 everyone would be confirming FFXIII as the best one yet but since it's a 7/10 the review can't be trusted and people are just bashing it for no reason.

I got it from their site, and when it comes to RPG's I don't follow reviews.  I try the games out myself.  There are plenty that I enjoy that got poor reviews.

If you tell me that a game is bad but you give it the same score as a game that I thought was good, in the same series, then I will assume that it is just as good.  So, it looks like it will be a great game.

"Looks" being the key word.  I won't know for sure until I play it. 

Around the Network

Diablerie said:

Sorry, I meant to ask for the translation for where you got that from since I can't read the language.

I don't care too much what it scores from all the random sites.  I figure the spread of those gives me a good idea what to expect, but I generally wait to read the IGN review and watch the Gametrailers review.

Diablerie said:
twesterm said:
Diablerie said:

So, according to them, it's just as bad as FFVI (PSOne), Dissidia, Crisis Core and FFIII (DS).  However it is better than FFIV (DS)....

So, it looks like it will be a great game.

Where did you glean that from?

-edit-

And does anybody else find it funny that if this review was a 9/10 or 10/10 everyone would be confirming FFXIII as the best one yet but since it's a 7/10 the review can't be trusted and people are just bashing it for no reason.

I got it from their site, and when it comes to RPG's I don't follow reviews.  I try the games out myself.  There are plenty that I enjoy that got poor reviews.

If you tell me that a game is bad but you give it the same score as a game that I thought was good, in the same series, then I will assume that it is just as good.  So, it looks like it will be a great game.

"Looks" being the key word.  I won't know for sure until I play it. 

ofcurse it will be higher than spin offs and remakes, they dnt get scores like main series, ff13 lowest main series score ever on gamekult (not counting spin off and remake)

twesterm said:
Diablerie said:

Sorry, I meant to ask for the translation for where you got that from since I can't read the language.

I don't care too much what it scores from all the random sites.  I figure the spread of those gives me a good idea what to expect, but I generally wait to read the IGN review and watch the Gametrailers review.

You qouted my double post that I fucked up.  I can't seem to change anything on it either.  Anywho, I just did a search and saw their rating.  Wasn't able to read the reviews but I got an idea of what they throw out there. 

@Akiba

Those games being spin offs or remakes have nothing to do with my opinion.  If a reviewer starts his review by saing to himself, "This is a remake so I have to give a lower score."  Well, then I'm glad I don't put too much faith in reviews.

Around the Network

Gamekult FF reviews:-

Final Fantasy (PSP): 5/10
Final Fantasy II (PSP): 6/10
Final Fantasy I & II (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy III (DS): 7/10
Final Fantasy IV (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy IV (DS): 6/10
Final Fantasy V (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy VI (PS): 7/10
Final Fantasy VII: 9/10
Final Fantasy VIII: 8/10
Final Fantasy IX: 9/10
Final Fantasy X: 8/10
Final Fantasy X-2: 7/10
Final Fantasy XI: 6/10
Final Fantasy XII: 9/10

Dissidia: Final Fantasy: 7/10
Crisis Core: FFVII: 7/10

Reviews here:-
http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeuxvideo_type1/Final+Fantasy/

Fab_GS said:

Gamekult FF reviews:-

Final Fantasy (PSP): 5/10
Final Fantasy II (PSP): 6/10
Final Fantasy I & II (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy III (DS): 7/10
Final Fantasy IV (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy IV (DS): 6/10
Final Fantasy V (GBA): 7/10
Final Fantasy VI (PS): 7/10
Final Fantasy VII: 9/10
Final Fantasy VIII: 8/10
Final Fantasy IX: 9/10

Final Fantasy X: 8/10
Final Fantasy X-2: 7/10
Final Fantasy XI: 6/10
Final Fantasy XII: 9/10

Dissidia: Final Fantasy: 7/10
Crisis Core: FFVII: 7/10

Reviews here:-
http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeuxvideo_type1/Final+Fantasy/

I lol'd @ VIII and IX.

So they just dont like FF games? other then 7/8/9 and 12?

For Gamekult, 7/10 is not a bad score. It means the game is rather good, with good and bad sides (but too much defaults to get 8/10). But it's just one more opinion from the internet and in French. No need to argue on the review if you can't read it.

I know it shouldn't be compared, but Halo 3 and Mario Kart got 7/10 in Gamekult, but with the special "selection gamekult" IIRC.

FF VI is a 6, but FF IX is a 9? A play on numbers and scores, eh? Because in reality, one is good, the other sucks. I'll leave you guessing which is which.

Gamekult can blow it out their ass.

^- Agreed. VI > IX.