By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 controllers break too easily

wow I had to launch my controller at the wall at least 30 times before the bottom plastic broke and it still worked... was playing that pool game that was on Arcade at launch

Around the Network
Cueil said:
wow I had to launch my controller at the wall at least 30 times before the bottom plastic broke and it still worked... was playing that pool game that was on Arcade at launch

Well damn, you are one of the lucky ones, the 360 controller sucks more than anything in the world!!! I went to clean it by drenching it with WD40 and that thing does not work at all it sucks!!!! *snickers :p

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

oh god. all of what i typed isnt here... wtf was that white box for. first post here

dammit it was like 2 paragraphs A college worthy

basically I'll keep this short. the ps2 controller is like glass. but i think the 360 is like bigger glass. people who have said they throw or smash their controller and the controller is fine. youre not trying hard enough. youre controller isnt a feather. I HAVE IMPRINTS in my wooden table that show how HARD i slammed the controller. i am shamed that i break the controller, but its not that hard for me. infact when i smash it the rumble pack goes from this | to this -, on the inside. and that silver bar thing in the front pops out so freaking easy. i know you wont do it but if the people who say that have, could you record :P how hard you do it.... kidding

i also want to point out that i bought a controller and dropped it a foot. completely not on purpose. and ever since then it diconnects on its own every 5 minutes. i have to use the charge cord to keep it working

man i really wish i hadnt spent that 10 minutes writing into that white box. cant believe i thought that was the posting. im a noob.

LOL. I threw mine at a wall 2 years ago. It is still working today.

TimeSpliTT said:

oh god. all of what i typed isnt here... wtf was that white box for. first post here

dammit it was like 2 paragraphs A college worthy

basically I'll keep this short. the ps2 controller is like glass. but i think the 360 is like bigger glass. people who have said they throw or smash their controller and the controller is fine. youre not trying hard enough. youre controller isnt a feather. I HAVE IMPRINTS in my wooden table that show how HARD i slammed the controller. i am shamed that i break the controller, but its not that hard for me. infact when i smash it the rumble pack goes from this | to this -, on the inside. and that silver bar thing in the front pops out so freaking easy. i know you wont do it but if the people who say that have, could you record :P how hard you do it.... kidding

i also want to point out that i bought a controller and dropped it a foot. completely not on purpose. and ever since then it diconnects on its own every 5 minutes. i have to use the charge cord to keep it working

man i really wish i hadnt spent that 10 minutes writing into that white box. cant believe i thought that was the posting. im a noob.

I threw my controller so hard, the battery pack cracked right up the side. Where the R trigger is pretty much caved in. Guess what. The R trigger still works. I only use it for 4 player because the controller is deformed. 

The 360 controller is one of the strongest Ive owned. 

Example:

I broke 3 Xbox 1 controllers. and 2 PS3 controllers in the past. 

So far no 360 controllers have broke. 

Around the Network
trashleg said:
Nightwish224 said:
My 360 controller is like a rock. I've literally smashed it on the table and flung it across the room. Countless dropping too. I even did it today lol. Probably the most solid controller I've had. Also the original Xbox controller was great.

a typical case of male-oriented sales right tharr, well done MS! that stupid controller was too massive for my tiny girly hands, so i couldnt reach all the buttons. grr. but i do like the 360 controller, those buttons are so... shiny. ooh.

anyway, i broke my brother's special spiderman-PS2 controller that i'd bought him myself, i felt so guilty about it. he beat me, and i threw it on the floor. wasn't too forceful, i wasn't trying to break it. it just landed the wrong way up and knocked the analog stick bad. also, i knew someone who would fly into a rage whenever he lost any game and would smash his controllers against a bare brick wall and they only broke sometimes.

im sure all controllers can take a bit of wear and tear, but it depends on how they land and what part of them hits the floor etc. so its not that the controllers break too easily, its just that YOU'RE THROWING THEM WRONG.

That is correct, when you throw them just make sure to do so at a diagonal angle so it hits the ground but slides.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

demonfox13 said:
trashleg said:
Nightwish224 said:
My 360 controller is like a rock. I've literally smashed it on the table and flung it across the room. Countless dropping too. I even did it today lol. Probably the most solid controller I've had. Also the original Xbox controller was great.

a typical case of male-oriented sales right tharr, well done MS! that stupid controller was too massive for my tiny girly hands, so i couldnt reach all the buttons. grr. but i do like the 360 controller, those buttons are so... shiny. ooh.

anyway, i broke my brother's special spiderman-PS2 controller that i'd bought him myself, i felt so guilty about it. he beat me, and i threw it on the floor. wasn't too forceful, i wasn't trying to break it. it just landed the wrong way up and knocked the analog stick bad. also, i knew someone who would fly into a rage whenever he lost any game and would smash his controllers against a bare brick wall and they only broke sometimes.

im sure all controllers can take a bit of wear and tear, but it depends on how they land and what part of them hits the floor etc. so its not that the controllers break too easily, its just that YOU'RE THROWING THEM WRONG.

That is correct, when you throw them just make sure to do so at a diagonal angle so it hits the ground but slides.

ROFL.

Gamers sharing how not to break our entertainment when frustrated. Love it.

I have never broken any of my gaming stuff, from wii motes and nunchucks to snes controllers and n64 controllers to any of my 3 xbox 360 controllers or my consoles or my headsets.....I just take really good care......

My friend, on the other hand, threw his 360 controller so hard, it bounced on the coffee table and hit his 55 inch LCD..luckily Sharp fixed it for a small fee of 200..(TV cost was 3000)

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

selnor said:

I threw my controller so hard, the battery pack cracked right up the side. Where the R trigger is pretty much caved in. Guess what. The R trigger still works. I only use it for 4 player because the controller is deformed. 

The 360 controller is one of the strongest Ive owned. 

Example:

I broke 3 Xbox 1 controllers. and 2 PS3 controllers in the past. 

So far no 360 controllers have broke. 

i cant disagree on the 360 controller still working. but with my strength (lol)  and personal experience while the controller may still end up being usable. that doesnt stop the silver part from popping out and the rumble from moving. i have bought 360 controllers from ebgames best buy walmart. and they all rip in half after a few good of slams. 

in my opinion the madcast wired controller takes 100% more punishment from me and still "stays together"

by no means am i "breaking the controller" BUT to me smashing it and having it splitt in half is not so good either

I have four controllers, two I bought new, and two I bought used. Only one really has a problem with the Y button, it feels strange pressing it. Ps2 is the only game console I really had problem with the controller, the rumble inside can easily be moved, if you ever drop it or anything.