By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 controllers break too easily

Nightwish224 said:
My 360 controller is like a rock. I've literally smashed it on the table and flung it across the room. Countless dropping too. I even did it today lol. Probably the most solid controller I've had. Also the original Xbox controller was great.

a typical case of male-oriented sales right tharr, well done MS! that stupid controller was too massive for my tiny girly hands, so i couldnt reach all the buttons. grr. but i do like the 360 controller, those buttons are so... shiny. ooh.

anyway, i broke my brother's special spiderman-PS2 controller that i'd bought him myself, i felt so guilty about it. he beat me, and i threw it on the floor. wasn't too forceful, i wasn't trying to break it. it just landed the wrong way up and knocked the analog stick bad. also, i knew someone who would fly into a rage whenever he lost any game and would smash his controllers against a bare brick wall and they only broke sometimes.

im sure all controllers can take a bit of wear and tear, but it depends on how they land and what part of them hits the floor etc. so its not that the controllers break too easily, its just that YOU'RE THROWING THEM WRONG.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
so its not that the controllers break too easily, its just that YOU'RE THROWING THEM WRONG.

I like this idea. Can you tell me what is the correct way of throwing a controller to the ground?

Whoever slams their controller out of frustration should just quit gaming, seriously are you THAT easily frustrated?, and you were playing Fifa 10 , not say something difficult.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I have dropped my PS2 and PS3 controllers combined over 1000 times lol, never has a controller broke on me (PS2 controller has a bad joystick and R2 button due to dust though lol)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Severance said:
Whoever slams their controller out of frustration should just quit gaming, seriously are you THAT easily frustrated?, and you were playing Fifa 10 , not say something difficult.

Yea, I would hate for most of that specific population of gamers to play Demon's Souls for 8 hours straight (IF they last that long) rofl. I'll admit though I've thrown the control and said "fuck this game", walked out, had a smoke and come back in and go back to receive my hourly beating lol.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
so its not that the controllers break too easily, its just that YOU'RE THROWING THEM WRONG.

I like this idea. Can you tell me what is the correct way of throwing a controller to the ground?

hmm, not that i have much experience in it, but i guess you want it to bounce on the (whats that bit of the controller called that sits in the palm of your hand?) before coming to a comfortable stop face-up so as not to damage any of the buttons. 

also, if you hear bits rattle when you pick it up again, you've done it wrong.

really, i have no idea.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Another test for controller strength should be sitting on them. So far my DS has held quite well taking on my 70kgs a number of times :)

I never understood the throwing controllers around when you are frustrated. Or the blaming the controller for breaking afterward.

Maybe I should try it out and punch my HD TV next time I'm frustrated at the game, and then complain to Sony how their TV's are too fragile.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Wow, even in 2010, people should get out more and learn not to take things so damn seriously.

Sometimes I hate gamers and their pathetic defensiveness. *smashes controller out of frustration*

Fufinu said:
Another test for controller strength should be sitting on them. So far my DS has held quite well taking on my 70kgs a number of times :)

mine couldn't even take the weight of a double wooden futon without disastrous consequences..pffft.

i shall contact Nintendo first thing tomorra!