By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 controllers break too easily

trashleg said:
Fufinu said:
Another test for controller strength should be sitting on them. So far my DS has held quite well taking on my 70kgs a number of times :)

mine couldn't even take the weight of a double wooden futon without disastrous consequences..pffft.

i shall contact Nintendo first thing tomorra!

:( Seek revenge!

Around the Network

While this has probably turned into a humourous spam thread by now, anyone sill trying to smash controllers when they lose need to grow up. I don't care how frustrating a game is, if it makes you angry enough to break something, just turn it off. I've had the same 2 controllers for 2 years now with no problem.

slowmo said:
While this has probably turned into a humourous spam thread by now, anyone sill trying to smash controllers when they lose need to grow up. I don't care how frustrating a game is, if it makes you angry enough to break something, just turn it off. I've had the same 2 controllers for 2 years now with no problem.

Yea but....but...but breaking the imaginary controllers of the other system we own in our nightmares but don't like is something the cool kids do!!!!

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

There are two things I hate about my 360 controllers--the D Pad and the battery back that is only a year old and can't hold a charge for more than 2 days. Those charge kits are garbage. You're almost better off with AAs in my experience.

kowenicki said:
Domicinator said:
There are two things I hate about my 360 controllers--the D Pad and the battery back that is only a year old and can't hold a charge for more than 2 days. Those charge kits are garbage. You're almost better off with AAs in my experience.

The dpad is poor. 

The controller is rock solid though.

I dont have an issue with the recharge packs... do you charge with the tower or the cable?  I use one of the towers to charge two battery packs and they last quite well.

I usually use the USB port on my printer to charge them, because my 360 doesn't always do a good job charging.  It's weird.  If I charge it up and don't play it for a couple of nights, it's dead by the time I turn it back on.  If I charge it up fully and play every night, it will last me 2 or 3 nights.  These things are too temperemental.

Around the Network
Xoj said:
i have never managed to break a controller.

Me neither!

When I'm so frustrated that I want to throw the controller into something I just think: "60 euros for another controller and an undisclosed amount for whatever I throw it at? No sir, I can't stand wasting money!"

Being 50% Scrooge McDuck is helpful. :p

dropped my PS3 controller many times, and on one accasion the cat stuck his nails in me and the controller flew across the room and hit the wall....still works
you really must have smashed your 360 controller for it to break

Breaking controllers is a must do for any console owner. If you aren't getting frustrated to that point in a game, you're playing it on a girl setting. :P

No matter how young I was I never broke my Controller. Except once. My old GC controller had a problem with the analog stick and tend to steer on one side. I played mario and the Jumps were impossible to make with this problem the same problem while I played Tomb Raider so I took the controller and smashed it once against the floor and It broke like it was a cup.

I have never broken a controller unintentionally. Probably because I am never pissed. I was pissed while I played mario but because I knew it wasnt my fault.

Domicinator said:
kowenicki said:
Domicinator said:

The dpad is poor. 

The controller is rock solid though.

I dont have an issue with the recharge packs... do you charge with the tower or the cable?  I use one of the towers to charge two battery packs and they last quite well.

I usually use the USB port on my printer to charge them, because my 360 doesn't always do a good job charging.  It's weird.  If I charge it up and don't play it for a couple of nights, it's dead by the time I turn it back on.  If I charge it up fully and play every night, it will last me 2 or 3 nights.  These things are too temperemental.

My recharge packs are 2 years old and last a long time.  Are you playing 2 days straight?  That'd be a good charge if so

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)