By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 controllers break too easily

One pound to the ground and it's FUBAR. I remember smashing my SNES controllers to the ground multiple times and they still work.

Damn FIFA 10 and it's horribly frustrating gameplay.

Around the Network

you must be unlucky because I remember dropping mine several times and still working perfectly.

The battery pack at the back of the contoller breaks easily aswell.

Dunno about 360 controllers but PS2 were the most flimsy I've used. I went through 6 PS2 controllers (I blame Pro Evo... must be something to do with football games). PS1 and SNES were ridiculously strong by comparison.

PS3 controllers are more durable... I still managed to break 1 though :P

I've had mine since launch, and it aint broken once

The one bad thing to happen, my battery pack has suddenly stopped charging. Bad times.

Around the Network
Adobo said:
you must be unlucky because I remember dropping mine several times and still working perfectly.

Oh yes, I dropped a 360 controller several times, no problem. But smashing it to the ground will break it.

So you're complaining that after trying to break it (slamming it on the ground) it breaks?

And I know you weren't consciously trying, but you slammed it on the ground and that's trying to break it.

^ lol :P

On all 3 of our 360 controllers, The left stick will sometimes move the character without me touching the stick... got me killed on mass effect >.>

twesterm said:
So you're complaining that after trying to break it (slamming it on the ground) it breaks?

And I know you weren't consciously trying, but you slammed it on the ground and that's trying to break it.

I'm not really complaining, I understand that it's gonna break when smashed to the ground. Still, my SNES controllers survived multiple smashes.

Now I have to get a new 360 controller, and I am afraid to play FIFA 10 again.