By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first console?

NES for me - but we did have a couple of Game & Watch handhelds before that.

Around the Network

Playstation, got N64 shortly after with LoZ OoT...didn't let that thing out of my sight it was like a gift from god, that changed when PS2 came out

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

N64 with Mario 64.

Atari... I remember the boot-up screen, and a single day of my dad and brother playing it.. I was still in diapers, though, so, of course i was too young to play it...

I also have memories of NES, and the big wide, thin carts, but, don't remember anything on the TV.

But, if neither of those count, then, it would be SEGA Genesis, went through four models, and my newest in '98, it still works, and I still enjoy playing it, I also bought another one from a friend last year... 2009 was the 1st year I never got a new game for my Genesis. lol, I know, it sounds weird, doesn't it.

snes was my first one but not really all for ourselves since I started playing it 1997 and it was my brother and I was only 2 but played very little but it was fun... then we got a n64 in 1998 and had a great time ... then we got a gamecube when I was 6 in 2002.... and then the wii. later I got the ps3...

and dont get me started on the handhelds...

Around the Network

nes

My first one was the NES, but I started playing a lot when I got the SNES

NES... about 18 years after it launched :p

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

First console that I owned would be a Nintendo 64. I may have played the original Gameboy before though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

First I owned? SNES

First I played? NES or Atari 2600, not sure which.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)