By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

coolestguyever said:
No wonder IW fucked over PC gamers with no dedicated servers (whatever that means; apparently its bad), they pirated the hell out of it.

If I was a developer I would never waste my time putting my game on PC.

Agreed.  CoD4 was pirated like crazy and only had 1-3 million total sales.  Although, if you talk to Shio he'll post a super long thing where he rampantly speculates on how CoD4 on PC actually sold 10 million   Despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
coolestguyever said:
No wonder IW fucked over PC gamers with no dedicated servers (whatever that means; apparently its bad), they pirated the hell out of it.

Agreed.  CoD4 was pirated like crazy and only had 1-3 million total sales.  Although, if you talk to Shio he'll post a super long thing where he rampantly speculates on how CoD4 on PC actually sold 10 million   Despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

Lmao I don't know who Shio is but that's pretty funny regardless.

Soriku said:

What's the reason the PS3 hasn't been cracked yet? Too complicated? Sony did a good job with piracy on PS3.

There is a streaming limit on the PS3 Hard Drive which does not allow files that are bigger than a certain size to be played off the hard drive. Therefore, if the PS3 firmware were to be hacked like the PSP, most games would not be able to be played off the hard drive (the way it's done on hacked PSPs). This means Blu Ray's have to be used. And Blu Ray burners are not as common as DVD drives were and will not be for a little while more. When you take into account that PS3 launched in 2006, it's understandable that people have not really invested time into pirating it.

coolestguyever said:
nightsurge said:
coolestguyever said:

Lmao I don't know who Shio is but that's pretty funny regardless.

Post? Shio had a whole thread about it: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=80037

:)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ail said:
Shoestar said:
A lot of people don't buy PS3s because simply, it's impossible to play pirated games on them. Some people only buy a few pirated games... they only buy originals when they want to play that game online.

I don't think many people buy ' pirated games' the whole idea about pirating is not having to buy.......

In places where piracy is a real issue, like China or Brazil, people buy pirated goods quite frequently.  They are a small fraction of the cost of a the legit product and the fact that piracy is the only way these people could even play these games makes it obvious they aren't going to be downloading them and burning them themselves.

You people seriously need to learn the reality of pirating.  The vast majority of it occurs where people are simply too poor to consider buying the real thing.  These people wish they could buy them legitimately, but as it is it takes a year of working just to get the hardware.  North America and Europe are not the world.  Please, some day learn that.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Soriku said:

What's the reason the PS3 hasn't been cracked yet? Too complicated? Sony did a good job with piracy on PS3.

There is a streaming limit on the PS3 Hard Drive which does not allow files that are bigger than a certain size to be played off the hard drive. Therefore, if the PS3 firmware were to be hacked like the PSP, most games would not be able to be played off the hard drive (the way it's done on hacked PSPs). This means Blu Ray's have to be used. And Blu Ray burners are not as common as DVD drives were and will not be for a little while more. When you take into account that PS3 launched in 2006, it's understandable that people have not really invested time into pirating it.

I can get a BR burner for under $150 right now, and I haven't even tried looking for any bargains.  Brand new from Newegg with free shipping, and the $2-3 for a disc is still way cheaper than a new game.  BR is by no means a limitng factor here, just like DVDs being equally expensive at this point in the PS2's life wasn't stopping the pirates either.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I think it is great how difficult the PS3 is to pirate. Sounds dumb, but Sony should tell the competition what they put in their console to make it unhackable.

If we could get next generation to be without piracy, gaming would benefit immensely.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I think it is great how difficult the PS3 is to pirate. Sounds dumb, but Sony should tell the competition what they put in their console to make it unhackable.

If we could get next generation to be without piracy, gaming would benefit immensely.

You can bet that most publishers are not that happy with the rising level of piracy on the 360...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Shoestar said:
A lot of people don't buy PS3s because simply, it's impossible to play pirated games on them. Some people only buy a few pirated games... they only buy originals when they want to play that game online.

I don't think many people buy ' pirated games' the whole idea about pirating is not having to buy.......

I beg to disagree. Take into account most developing countries, which consist basically of PC gaming. Original games should sell at least for twice the price you pay on a developed country (meaning US$100 and upwards). Pull that one together with lesser acess to high speed internet, lower wages, overpriced electronics and so on. One could pay less than $5 on a pirated game with cover and even disc art haha so that's quite a money saver.

Piracy including bought pirate games, share from friends and etc. should double or even triple that PC piracy numbers. PS2 should be on par with it.

EDIT - Oh, I missed Chiri... whatever is his name (sorry for that, dude) post up there. Still, there you have.

so even with pirated copies included, PC version of MW2 still sold less than PS3's version?