By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

They better get on it.

3 years and nowhere near close.

Around the Network

lol, wow.... 4mil

Those sales wouldn't totally increase numbers of sales at full price that much. But, it would be a nice boost to the Greatest/platinum releases and bargain bin sales.

how much did mw2 sell on pc? real not pirated???

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
how much did mw2 sell on pc? real not pirated???

None, according to VGChartz

Sales figures for the PC version seem hard to come by, but apparently they're very disappointing. If there's any accuracy in that article at all, then it has sold well under 1M copies worldwide so far; probably fewer than 500,000. It might have close to a 90% pirating rate. Yegads!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Shoestar said:
A lot of people don't buy PS3s because simply, it's impossible to play pirated games on them. Some people only buy a few pirated games... they only buy originals when they want to play that game online.

bullshit. A lot of people are buying PS3's because the games are there and the price dropped. This is where the pirate demons follow. They will eventually crack it.

As for PC gaming those numbers were predictable.

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? oh well... a little bit of statistics for you :)

The X360 was hacked in the 1st year it came out with less than 5mil X360 sold... 

The Wii was hacked within 6 months it came out with less than 10 mil units sold.  

The PS3 has been out for over 3 years, sold over 30 mil units (only 5mil units approx less than the x360). Sells more than the X360 World Wide every year except its launch year with only reason while it is trailing behind is because it launched a year later than the X360. Fact, the PS3 is not hacked simply because it's freakin damn hard to do... MUCH MUCH harder than anything that existed prior to it...  It isn't because of sales numbers that the PS3 wasn't hacked.

Moreover, I could search for the thousand of articles describing how MS screwed up with the security leaks, and how complicated the hardware security for the PS3 is and list a few of these articles for you... but ur not significant enough :)

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Basically it all boils down on how hard it is to get the PS3 to run unsigned code....
That and the fact that the PS3 came out of the gate with Linux support allowing people that wanted to do something else with their PS3 to do so.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Shoestar said:
A lot of people don't buy PS3s because simply, it's impossible to play pirated games on them. Some people only buy a few pirated games... they only buy originals when they want to play that game online.

I don't think many people buy ' pirated games' the whole idea about pirating is not having to buy.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Shoestar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Shoestar said:

bullshit. A lot of people are buying PS3's because the games are there and the price dropped. This is where the pirate demons follow. They will eventually crack it.

As for PC gaming those numbers were predictable.

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? oh well... a little bit of statistics for you :)

The X360 was hacked in the 1st year it came out with less than 5mil X360 sold... 

The Wii was hacked within 6 months it came out with less than 10 mil units sold.  

The PS3 has been out for over 3 years, sold over 30 mil units (only 5mil units approx less than the x360). Sells more than the X360 World Wide every year except its launch year with only reason while it is trailing behind is because it launched a year later than the X360. Fact, the PS3 is not hacked simply because it's freakin damn hard to do... MUCH MUCH harder than anything that existed prior to it...  It isn't because of sales numbers that the PS3 wasn't hacked.

Moreover, I could search for the thousand of articles describing how MS screwed up with the security leaks, and how complicated the hardware security for the PS3 is and list a few of these articles for you... but ur not significant enough :)

This.

And I've just remembered another reason why the PS3 isn't very vulnerable to piracy; there isn't as much of an incentive since pirating isn't as practical on the PS3.

Wanna play some pirated PC games? Download an ISO, mount it, and you're good to go.

Xbox360 games? Download the ISO, burn it onto a DVD, and play it on a hacked machine. (I think that's how it works; feel free to tell me if it's more complicated than this)

PS3? Download a huge (maybe 30GB+) ISO (better have unlimited downloads from your ISP and wait a long time for it to finish), get yourself a blu-ray burner (still expensive), and burn a blu-ray disc (they aren't cheap either). Or find some dodgy seller on eBay who's prepared to risk getting sued.

Even if the PS3 does get hacked, there may still be obstacles to piracy; it's a well protected system and Sony must be very glad they spent time making it virtually pirate proof (and fans should be glad as well). SCE might have gone out of business if it were as easy to pirate on as the PSP, and that would be very bad for the whole industry.

No wonder IW fucked over PC gamers with no dedicated servers (whatever that means; apparently its bad), they pirated the hell out of it.

If I was a developer I would never waste my time putting my game on PC.