By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

Not many because few franchises get milked like the ones on the consoles. We're up to Half-Life 2 in over 10 years, there's still only 1 Starcraft. The most milked game would be Warcraft of the better ones. In 20+ years there's only 4 Civilizations.

The point is that if PC devs decide to milk with bullshit, they can easily do it on the Wii or on the PC.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Pirates use such great logic.... I think the Dodge Viper is a subpar car so I'm going to go steal one to show them my dissatisfaction!

I don't personally enjoy Snickers bars, so I'm going to go steal 4 of them to show they are not worth the price or the product isn't good enough!

Apparently they have no grasp of economics to realize that by not buying the game they are doing the right thing if they do in fact think it is an inferior product. Stealing the game, whether to play it or not, just classifies you as a freeloader in economics... a worthless drain on society.

Anti-pirate people have huge problems with analogies and logic it seems. I steal a car and where's the original car? Can someone else buy the original car? No? Then it's not the same. I steal 4 Sickers bars, then can anyone else buy those 4 Snickers Bars? No? Then it's not the same.

Apparently they can't even make a simple analogy.

Wow... thanks for proving my point on the flawed logic pirates have.

Yes someone can still buy the original car when it has been stolen... they can buy it from the guy who stole it or in a direct relation to piracy, they can buy one that is still available for purchase.  Same with the candy bars.

If you are trying to use the flawed argument of "its not stealing, its a copy" then apparently pirates have no grasp of the term COPYRIGHTED!  Otherwise known as illegal to make, distribute, or claim ownership of something that was copied from an original without consent.

Wow... your logic is just...

I know about Copyright, but that is nowehere equivalent to stealing of physical media. Also copyright is a law. I addressed the hilarity of law earlier in the topic.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Pirates use such great logic.... I think the Dodge Viper is a subpar car so I'm going to go steal one to show them my dissatisfaction!

I don't personally enjoy Snickers bars, so I'm going to go steal 4 of them to show they are not worth the price or the product isn't good enough!

Apparently they have no grasp of economics to realize that by not buying the game they are doing the right thing if they do in fact think it is an inferior product. Stealing the game, whether to play it or not, just classifies you as a freeloader in economics... a worthless drain on society.

Anti-pirate people have huge problems with analogies and logic it seems. I steal a car and where's the original car? Can someone else buy the original car? No? Then it's not the same. I steal 4 Sickers bars, then can anyone else buy those 4 Snickers Bars? No? Then it's not the same.

Yes someone can still buy the original car when it has been stolen... they can buy it from the guy who stole it or in a direct relation to piracy, they can buy one that is still available for purchase.  Same with the candy bars.

If you are trying to use the flawed argument of "its not stealing, its a copy" then apparently pirates have no grasp of the term COPYRIGHTED!  Otherwise known as illegal to make, distribute, or claim ownership of something that was copied from an original without consent.

I know about Copyright, but that is nowehere equivalent to stealing of physical media. Also copyright is a law. I addressed the hilarity of law earlier in the topic.

Ah, yes, that's right.  Pirates are above the law.  The law is merely the last place someone goes to that has no arguments apparently... though you have yet to give an argument AGAINST the law... you merely use more of this avoidance tactics and flawed logic of pirates to not even comment on the law.

I also find it hilarious that pirates try to make it as if their are varying degrees of stealing/theft.  "Stealing this in such a manner is no where near the same as stealing that in that way!" 

Keep it coming, pirates.  You guys make my day

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Ah, yes, that's right.  Pirates are above the law.  The law is merely the last place someone goes to that has no arguments apparently... though you have yet to give an argument AGAINST the law... you merely use more of this avoidance tactics and flawed logic of pirates to not even comment on the law.

I also find it hilarious that pirates try to make it as if their are varying degrees of stealing/theft.  "Stealing this in such a manner is no where near the same as stealing that in that way!" 

Well Sweden and Spain don't mind, as long as you don't make profits off the piracy. So then... who's right?

Also no, pirates don't try to say there's different levels of stealing because they aren't so stupid as to call piracy stealing.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:
Quoting myself from another topic:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

I just don't get this philosophy, are all your brains hurting?

If you are against the product, you could be happy that it doesn't sell well.

Why are you happy that it has been pirated?

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

See, not only do I not igive him my vote, but i vote for the other. Same with piracy. The way I see it, if you pirate it you vote for the alternative. If you don't buy nor pirate you just don't vote at all.

Thankfully, MW2 got pirated a whole lot and it will continue to do so.

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

If you pirate you just break the law...

That's about all there is to it. You can try to disguise it as much as you can but that's what you are....

Yes, and in Nazi Germany it was illegal to not kill jews... I guess that makes killing jews just fine then.

You are picking even more at straws here with the whole "legal" issue. It isn't even illegal everywhere.

Ahh yes, when you run out of good arguments, it never fails to make a comparison to Nazi Germany. Now, if you actually had a clue what you're talking about, and that comparison actually had anything to do with this discussion at all, then it might be a valid point, but since it's not, quit trying to belittle the Halocaust to try to strengthen your argument.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Well Sweden and Spain don't mind, as long as you don't make profits off the piracy. So then... who's right?

Also no, pirates don't try to say there's different levels of stealing because they aren't so stupid as to call piracy stealing.

Do you live in Sweden or Spain?  If not then piracy is a violation of copyright law and IS STEALING!  You are bound by the laws of your country.  You cannot pick and choose laws and freedoms from places to live by your own custom set of rules.

Gosh... is this really that hard to figure out?

themanwithnoname said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:
Quoting myself from another topic:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

I just don't get this philosophy, are all your brains hurting?

If you are against the product, you could be happy that it doesn't sell well.

Why are you happy that it has been pirated?

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

See, not only do I not igive him my vote, but i vote for the other. Same with piracy. The way I see it, if you pirate it you vote for the alternative. If you don't buy nor pirate you just don't vote at all.

Thankfully, MW2 got pirated a whole lot and it will continue to do so.

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

If you pirate you just break the law...

That's about all there is to it. You can try to disguise it as much as you can but that's what you are....

Yes, and in Nazi Germany it was illegal to not kill jews... I guess that makes killing jews just fine then.

You are picking even more at straws here with the whole "legal" issue. It isn't even illegal everywhere.

Ahh yes, when you run out of good arguments, it never fails to make a comparison to Nazi Germany. Now, if you actually had a clue what you're talking about, and that comparison actually had anything to do with this discussion at all, then it might be a valid point, but since it's not, quit trying to belittle the Halocaust to try to strengthen your argument.

Ok you want more examples of why saying "it's the law" is a bullshit agument?

It was legal to hang blacks in one point of time or another. It was legal to treat them as livestock. At one point it wass illegal to consume alcohol. At one point it was illegal to have an abortion now it's kind of legal and it might be illegal again. At one point drugs were not illegal.  Just a few decades ago it wasn't illegal to drive drunk. In Wyoming it was legal to drive drunk up until 2005, I think.

Had enough or do you want to admit you know shit about what you are talking about?

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Do you live in Sweden or Spain?  If not then piracy is a violation of copyright law and IS STEALING!  You are bound by the laws of your country.  You cannot pick and choose laws and freedoms from places to live by your own custom set of rules.

Well hell, I travel around a lot. I just spent several months in Madrid this summer. Who do I listen to then?

Using the argument of "it's the law" is the last resort of people who can't think for themselves.

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Well hell, I travel around a lot. I just spent several months in Madrid this summer. Who do I listen to then?

Using the argument of "it's the law" is the last resort of people who can't think for themselves.

Wow... you really are suffering from the egotistical elitist stigma that PC gamers do.

Let me clarify since once again you don't seem to understand.  You have to follow the laws of the country you are a citizen of! What you do while in Spain or Sweden has to follow their laws, but immediately upon returning to your own residential country you must resume following the laws of that said country.  I would have thought this was common sense... guess not.

And how does "it's the law" mean I cannot think for myself?  We all have free will to do whatever we please.  I choose to obey laws that are just.  If they are unjust, they will naturally be filtered out.  Just like your flawed argument of using past laws to say that all law is a useless argument.  Those laws progressed naturally as the times did, as the people and places matured.  Just as, eventually, piracy in Sweden and Spain and other places will begin to see just treatment and receive laws against them.  The Pirate Bay was just shut down, and it was from Sweden.  Some countries simply progress faster/slower than others in different areas.

So once again, let me drive this point home.  While you are a resident of and currently residing in a country that finds piracy illegal, it is and forever will be illegal/stealing.  If you are in a country that allows it, then you can do it.... but only during the time you reside in that country and are bound by their laws.

Hmmm.. it seems I can think very clearly and intelligently... I guess someone who can't make a unique and logical argument like yourself is really the sign of people who can't think for themselves. 

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:

Wow... you really are suffering from the egotistical elitist stigma that PC gamers do.

Let me clarify since once again you don't seem to understand.  You have to follow the laws of the country you are a citizen of! What you do while in Spain or Sweden has to follow their laws, but immediately upon returning to your own residential country you must resume following the laws of that said country.  I would have thought this was common sense... guess not.

And how does "it's the law" mean I cannot think for myself?  We all have free will to do whatever we please.  I choose to obey laws that are just.  If they are unjust, they will naturally be filtered out.  Just like your flawed argument of using past laws to say that all law is a useless argument.  Those laws progressed naturally as the times did, as the people and places matured.  Just as, eventually, piracy in Sweden and Spain and other places will begin to see just treatment and receive laws against them.  The Pirate Bay was just shut down, and it was from Sweden.  Some countries simply progress faster/slower than others in different areas.

So once again, let me drive this point home.  While you are a resident of and currently residing in a country that finds piracy illegal, it is and forever will be illegal/stealing.  If you are in a country that allows it, then you can do it.... but only during the time you reside in that country and are bound by their laws.

Hmmm.. it seems I can think very clearly and intelligently... I guess someone who can't make a unique and logical argument like yourself is really the sign of people who can't think for themselves. 

I'm very well aware of the rule of the land. However you are arguing against piracy, not piracy in the US or the UK or wherever, but piracy. You can't bring in the law when arguing about piracy since piracy is a global issue. That's where you fail to think intelligently.