By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
I leave this thread for a day and all I see is the PC "piracy isn't a big deal" side resort to whining and excuses. Clearly they have lost all plausible and logical arguments so they just resort to their elitist "They don't make good games for PC" crap. I agree, MW2 on PC is a pretty gay move, but all you people on PC do is whine whine whine. Grow up for once and start voting with your dollar. If you think console gamers are sheep, then why do you still buy the games you whine so much about, or still pirate them? If they suck so bad and are not up to your "standards" don't have anything to do with them.

I also love how Blizzard and Valve are praised as somehow the only 2 good PC devs when neither one has developed anything new within the last like 6 years. WoW just keeps getting lame expansions, and Valve is using the same engine they've used for 10 years with little to any refinement. Their games are good, but they are far from the best devs for many many reasons. The same reasons you bitch and moan about with other devs, actually. PC gamers = elitist hypocrite delusional sheep.

Actually the excuses have all come from the other side. Also it's not whining, the way I see it is a protest. Also as shown by MW2, it probably got pirated more than it got bought, that's a good start. I also pirated MW2 4 times just to raise the number a little. I played it a total of 1 hour before I needed the HDD space (my laptop only has 100 gigs) to install the ORACLE middleware. It's not about playing the game when it's downloaded, it's about telling IW/Activision to fuck off with their shit.

Also that makes Blizzard and Valve so good. The games they make easily last years and years. Remember what the time frame between HL1 ad HL2 was? What about between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3? Diablo and Diablo 2? Now every single sequel they have done was the pinnacle of the genre at the time, and basically everyone copies them until a new leader comes out, usually by those companies as well.

Also, as I said earlier, UC1 should have been what UC2 was, and UC2 should have come out next gen.

And why do you think IW should care ?

Are you the guy that cracked the code and shared it with the masses so that they could play freely ?

No you're just one of those eating his crumbs...

Because I'm the one that didn't pay for their shit. One of apparently 4.1 million others. Maybe a bit less, or more, depending on who you listen to.

There's 6 billions more like you than didn't purchase the game...

Seriously they care about loss sales ( and some of those pirated copies do represent that), they do not care so much about people pirating the game that would never have played it ( the issue is many are claiming they woudn't have purchased it and spend 20h+ playing it making you question the reliability of their statement).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
I leave this thread for a day and all I see is the PC "piracy isn't a big deal" side resort to whining and excuses. Clearly they have lost all plausible and logical arguments so they just resort to their elitist "They don't make good games for PC" crap. I agree, MW2 on PC is a pretty gay move, but all you people on PC do is whine whine whine. Grow up for once and start voting with your dollar. If you think console gamers are sheep, then why do you still buy the games you whine so much about, or still pirate them? If they suck so bad and are not up to your "standards" don't have anything to do with them.

I also love how Blizzard and Valve are praised as somehow the only 2 good PC devs when neither one has developed anything new within the last like 6 years. WoW just keeps getting lame expansions, and Valve is using the same engine they've used for 10 years with little to any refinement. Their games are good, but they are far from the best devs for many many reasons. The same reasons you bitch and moan about with other devs, actually. PC gamers = elitist hypocrite delusional sheep.

Actually the excuses have all come from the other side. Also it's not whining, the way I see it is a protest. Also as shown by MW2, it probably got pirated more than it got bought, that's a good start. I also pirated MW2 4 times just to raise the number a little. I played it a total of 1 hour before I needed the HDD space (my laptop only has 100 gigs) to install the ORACLE middleware. It's not about playing the game when it's downloaded, it's about telling IW/Activision to fuck off with their shit.

Also that makes Blizzard and Valve so good. The games they make easily last years and years. Remember what the time frame between HL1 ad HL2 was? What about between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3? Diablo and Diablo 2? Now every single sequel they have done was the pinnacle of the genre at the time, and basically everyone copies them until a new leader comes out, usually by those companies as well.

Also, as I said earlier, UC1 should have been what UC2 was, and UC2 should have come out next gen.

Are you the guy that cracked the code and shared it with the masses so that they could play freely ?

Because I'm the one that didn't pay for their shit. One of apparently 4.1 million others. Maybe a bit less, or more, depending on who you listen to.

Seriously they care about loss sales ( and some of those pirated copies do represent that), they do not care so much about people pirating the game that would never have played it ( the issue is many are claiming they woudn't have purchased it and spend 20h+ playing it making you question the reliability of their statement).

So... let me get this straight. Now that it's convenient for you, you go on about how, and I quote "they do not care so much about people pirating the game that would never have played it." However before it was more like, not a direct quote, "Look at all those lost sales!!11! No wonder they don't cevelop for the PC, they are losing money due to piracy!1!!ELEVEN"

How convenient.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

So... let me get this straight. Now that it's convenient for you, you go on about how, and I quote "they do not care so much about people pirating the game that would never have played it." However before it was more like, not a direct quote, "Look at all those lost sales!!11! No wonder they don't cevelop for the PC, they are losing money due to piracy!1!!ELEVEN"

How convenient.

If you took a deep breadth and thought straight for 2 seconds you would realize that all the level of piracy of MW2 on the PC does is reinforce IW in their idea that they should not focus their effort on that platform as it isn't worth it anymore....

As for piracy what I disagree mostly with is the eternal argument that most people advance that they would not have purchased the game anyway, which is fallacious. Even your actions demonstrate this.

For a long time you have been telling us that piracy is not lost sales then suddenly you are happy with the high level of piracy as you think it will affect IW bottom line.

So which is it, does piracy affect sales or not ? You can't have it both ways.....

Either it doesn't affect sales and IW can ignore it, or either it does affect sales which suddenly invalidate most of the arguments pirates have been putting forward...

So which do you pick ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

How convenient.

If you took a deep breadth and thought straight for 2 seconds you would realize that all the level of piracy of MW2 on the PC does is reinforce IW in their idea that they should not focus their effort on that platform as it isn't worth it anymore....

As for piracy what I disagree mostly with is the eternal argument that most people advance that they would not have purchased the game anyway, which is fallacious. Even your actions demonstrate this.

For a long time you have been telling us that piracy is not lost sales then suddenly you are happy with the high level of piracy as you think it will affect IW bottom line.

So which is it, does piracy affect sales or not ? You can't have it both ways.....

Either it doesn't affect sales and IW can ignore it, or either it does affect sales which suddenly invalidate most of the arguments pirates have been putting forward...

So which do you pick ?

See I don't think you read what I said correctly. I said that in one way or another it was a protest. Not whether they lost money or not. The 4.1 million people shows a dissatisfaction with the game. A game that is not worth the value people are asking of it, a game which is a subpar game. IW can't ignore it because those are potential buyers IF the game didn't suck. They'd be fools to ignore it. They can however ignore it when they start blaming it for poor performance, since those people would not have bought it anyhow. In conclusion, it doesn't afect sales but it should affect developers who want to make more money with their next games.

Also what are my actions? I certainly didn't buy MW2 and at the same time downloaded it 4 times. I played single-player for a little (didn't finish it) and didn't touch it at all until I had to make space for another program. That falls diretly in my "I won't buy if it's so bad I can't finishi it or play multiplayer less than a week" motto when it comes to pirating games. For the ecord I have bought 66 PC games and 4 Wii games this year. Granted a lot are older games and most came from great savings packs from Steam, but they aare still bought.

Edit: The way to sell millions and millions of PC games is by catering and listening to the audience. TF2 is an absolutely PERFECT example of what to do (check out the low piracy numebrs). MW2 is a perfect example of what NOT to do (check out the high piracy numbers).

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Pirates use such great logic.... I think the Dodge Viper is a subpar car so I'm going to go steal one to show them my dissatisfaction!

I don't personally enjoy Snickers bars, so I'm going to go steal 4 of them to show they are not worth the price or the product isn't good enough!

Apparently they have no grasp of economics to realize that by not buying the game they are doing the right thing if they do in fact think it is an inferior product. Stealing the game, whether to play it or not, just classifies you as a freeloader in economics... a worthless drain on society.

Around the Network
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

How convenient.

So which do you pick ?

They probably shouldn't, MW isn't that big on PC either because PC gamers get access to a lot of good FPS, I'm personally glad they got the console sales because they'd never make it on PC in the long run so in case I ever decide to play FPS on the PS3(since my fragfx v2 is coming in the mail soon,) they just might make an even better console game later down the road, as far as PC goes, IW is fucking dead to a lot of people lol. A lot of the pirating of MW2 are most probably lost sales due to what they did with the MP though, people download it, finish the SP, delete, kinda deal. There are many people willing to pay for PC games if the price justifies the product, MW2 really isn't one of them.

nightsurge said:
Pirates use such great logic.... I think the Dodge Viper is a subpar car so I'm going to go steal one to show them my dissatisfaction!

I don't personally enjoy Snickers bars, so I'm going to go steal 4 of them to show they are not worth the price or the product isn't good enough!

Apparently they have no grasp of economics to realize that by not buying the game they are doing the right thing if they do in fact think it is an inferior product. Stealing the game, whether to play it or not, just classifies you as a freeloader in economics... a worthless drain on society.

Anti-pirate people have huge problems with analogies and logic it seems. I steal a car and where's the original car? Can someone else buy the original car? No? Then it's not the same. I steal 4 Sickers bars, then can anyone else buy those 4 Snickers Bars? No? Then it's not the same.

Apparently they can't even make a simple analogy.

that's about a million ppl who bought a 360 cuz it can be moded lol

vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Is that why Uncharted 2 has beaten every Wii and PC game this year?

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

So now you have stooped so low you are eliminating games? If you want to be like that, name me any franchise on the HD consoles that has sold as much as the Sims (100+ million sales total) or World of Warcraft (at 12 million ACTIVE there's probably about 20+ million sold copies and similar numbers for the expansions).

Need For Speed

That was simple

dahuman said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Is that why Uncharted 2 has beaten every Wii and PC game this year?

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

You know you can change your first sentence and it'd be like wtf right? change wii to 360 and then change Mario and blehbleh to MW2 and yeah..... MW2 also sold well because publishers are annoying and decided to delay a whole lot of shit for no good reason, what fucktards.

why the fuck do you people keep bringing mario into discussion? did mario become 3rd partyß