By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

BladeOfGod said:
dahuman said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Is that why Uncharted 2 has beaten every Wii and PC game this year?

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

You know you can change your first sentence and it'd be like wtf right? change wii to 360 and then change Mario and blehbleh to MW2 and yeah..... MW2 also sold well because publishers are annoying and decided to delay a whole lot of shit for no good reason, what fucktards.

why the fuck do you people keep bringing mario into discussion? did mario become 3rd partyß

The olympic games were 3rd party. Also I'd like to see how you decided that Need For Speed Franchise has sold over 100 million copies, I call bullshit. Here's a hint, no franchise on the HD consoles has sold hat much.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dahuman said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

You know you can change your first sentence and it'd be like wtf right? change wii to 360 and then change Mario and blehbleh to MW2 and yeah..... MW2 also sold well because publishers are annoying and decided to delay a whole lot of shit for no good reason, what fucktards.

why the fuck do you people keep bringing mario into discussion? did mario become 3rd partyß

The olympic games were 3rd party. Also I'd like to see how you decided that Need For Speed Franchise has sold over 100 million copies, I call bullshit. Here's a hint, no franchise on the HD consoles has sold hat much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Final Fantasy, Madden and GTA should be hitting 100 million soon as well.

Olymoic Games got outsold by COD 4, GTA IV, MW2 and Halo 3 and by some other games, didn't it?

BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:

Olymoic Games got outsold by COD 4, GTA IV, MW2 and Halo 3 and by some other games, didn't it?

Following your list the only franchises to have outsold The Sims are Mario, Tetris, and Pokemon. S only Nintendo can compete with PC game sales then? I mean hell, COD is only half of what The Sims have sold. Why should anyoen bother making that shit for games when they can make casual games to make money? Your logic is extremely flawed, just admit it already.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

rajendra82 said:

The PS3 copy protection scheme has never been cracked.  As a result, piracy on the PS3 is nonexistant.  It may happen in the future, but I doubt it.

Wanna bet? Until recently there has been few motivators to crack the PS3 since it shares most of its games with the 360 and PC which were easy to crack. Now that the PS3 has finally become viable I suspect it will attract plenty of pirates looking for a hole. Few people have BR burners though which should help.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

It's communist behaviour to download something without permission, just because it doesn't meet your standards.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:

Following your list the only franchises to have outsold The Sims are Mario, Tetris, and Pokemon. S only Nintendo can compete with PC game sales then? I mean hell, COD is only half of what The Sims have sold. Why should anyoen bother making that shit for games when they can make casual games to make money? Your logic is extremely flawed, just admit it already.

Well, The Sims have been milked as hell and how bigger userbase PC has? 200 million? 300 million? Half billion? Its pretty lame that the franchishe with so many games and on soooo big userbase sold only 100 million.

And then Nightsurge says it's the pirates who make the excuses.....

BladeOfGod said:
dahuman said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:

Mario Olympic game... which I consider trash....  god damn that game is trash, my point is your sentence is interchangable, it has nothing to do with which game it really is.

Ok got your point, the biggest franchise ever is on PC.
Now how many 20 millions selling franchise does the PC have ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Pirates use such great logic.... I think the Dodge Viper is a subpar car so I'm going to go steal one to show them my dissatisfaction!

I don't personally enjoy Snickers bars, so I'm going to go steal 4 of them to show they are not worth the price or the product isn't good enough!

Apparently they have no grasp of economics to realize that by not buying the game they are doing the right thing if they do in fact think it is an inferior product. Stealing the game, whether to play it or not, just classifies you as a freeloader in economics... a worthless drain on society.

Anti-pirate people have huge problems with analogies and logic it seems. I steal a car and where's the original car? Can someone else buy the original car? No? Then it's not the same. I steal 4 Sickers bars, then can anyone else buy those 4 Snickers Bars? No? Then it's not the same.

Apparently they can't even make a simple analogy.

Wow... thanks for proving my point on the flawed logic pirates have.

Yes someone can still buy the original car when it has been stolen... they can buy it from the guy who stole it or in a direct relation to piracy, they can buy one that is still available for purchase.  Same with the candy bars.

If you are trying to use the flawed argument of "its not stealing, its a copy" then apparently pirates have no grasp of the term COPYRIGHTED!  Otherwise known as illegal to make, distribute, or claim ownership of something that was copied from an original without consent.