By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will be the first to hit 50 million (HD consoles only)

360 by the hair of its ass. The gap will be so small it will be almost meaningless.

I'd say PS3 makes it to 60 million first though (both should make it eventually, unless MS releases their next box before it makes to to 60m).

Around the Network

to hard....i would participate in this, but my mind cant even get into this

RolStoppable said:
phinch1 said:
RolStoppable said:

The way how Nintendo acts, that sounds about right.

I think both of them will too, im just curious what do you mean about the way Nintendo acts?

They don't seem to be fully commited to continuing what they started with the Wii. That's the primary reason why momentum collapsed in the middle of this year and even a price cut, Wii Sports Resort and NSMB Wii couldn't restore it completely. Nintendo hoped that third parties would start to support the Wii like they did with the DS after sales started to pick up. That, however, didn't happen, so it's pretty much solely up to Nintendo to deliver the games (and they didn't deliver from July 2008 to June 2009).

Maybe I have missed some announcements, but so far the near future doesn't look too bright. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M certainly aren't the games to drive hardware sales (whenever they are released), so it seems that for the time being, it's up to how long NSMB Wii remains a hot game. Chances are that it won't be long enough until Nintendo releases the next big game and Wii sales will start to drop again.

It does seem like they arnt trying as much as they should, with all the money they have made they should be able to risk making a small new franchise or something

They will reach the 50 million target at the same time in Second quarter 2011: between April and June 2011.

numonex said:
They will reach the 50 million target at the same time in Second quarter 2011: between April and June 2011.

Wouldnt that just be sheer awesome sauce

Around the Network

Xbox 360

1. price cut next year
  2. Natal next year
  3. redesign still possible

Imagine a Xbox 360 elite slim bundled with Natal for $200. Discontinue the Arcade for $99 for a month. This plus two gigantic marketing campaigns. One for Natal / price cut and one for Halo Reach.

I expect the Xbox 360 to outsell the PS3 in 2010. Starting with a price cut in September.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Its really hard to tell. Both consoles are neck-and-neck with hardware sales. Both consoles are set release their biggest titles in 2010. I would have to say the PS3 because of the way the weekly sales are right now. If the sales of the PS3 continue to be like this throughout 2010, then its only a matter of time when PS3 will hit 50 million first. However, its really hard to tell who will hit 50 million first.360 is at 30 million right now but with the PS3 catching up in American sales and outselling the 360 by a small margin in Others, who knows what could happen.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

phinch1 said:
riecsou said:
50 Millions?, definitely Xbox360. It is so much closer and can easily get to that number in a year and 9 months . And I don't think that PS3 will overtake the Xbox360 in just 1 year and 9 months. Unless the PS3 slim can still surprise us.

Its surprised all of us this year, many times, I want reasons though, why will it sell so well?

PS3 will continue to sell very well in my opinion. But everyone should expect a Price cut from Microsoft. I just don't see the PS3 taking over the Xbox360 in such a short time. And everytime PS3 closes the gap with the Xbox360, Microsoft answers with a price cut and the gap increases again: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=96279&page=1&str=884094893#

DirtyP2002 said:

Xbox 360

1. price cut next year
  2. Natal next year
  3. redesign still possible

Imagine a Xbox 360 elite slim bundled with Natal for $200. Discontinue the Arcade for $99 for a month. This plus two gigantic marketing campaigns. One for Natal / price cut and one for Halo Reach.

I expect the Xbox 360 to outsell the PS3 in 2010. Starting with a price cut in September.

Fair enough points

but what could they change in a remodel?

what will natal bring thats new?

we Don't know if there will be a price cut

I agree with reach , kinda, it will sell big but it will mostly sell to those who already own a 360 and those who are fans of halo.

I would assume the 360 since it's closer, but 2010 is a huge year for the 360, I really expect huge price drop and a huge push of Natal, it's 2008 again.

2011, The 360 will get to 50 million.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)