By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will be the first to hit 50 million (HD consoles only)

Legend11 said:
Hus said:
TRios_Zen said:
Hus said:
TRios_Zen said:

Pristine isn't a 360 supporter, so I hope you weren't quoting him as counting on "natal" as the big hope.

Your views on natal not withstanding, I'd pick the 360 to hit first.  PRICE drives this bandwagon IMO, and I think that MS is just milking profits right now before they announce the next price cut, spiking sales in the other direction in America/Others (Japan is a lost cause).

Price does drive it, but depands on how big the price cut is.  Once at $200 price cuts tend to be small.

MS will HAVE to cut price in Europe just to survive, GT5 will destroy it unless they cut price.  A MS price cut in Europe will maintain what is happening there right now.  It wont Swing Europa in MS favor.  Not with GT5 coming. 

I'm not so sure that there are a ton of people just waiting for GT5 to come out, to buy a PS3.  IMO system selling games, released years after the debut of a system will cause a brief spike in sales, but not have a marked long-term effect.  That being said, the 360 is losing the value battle in the minds of "others" as it is: I agree that they need to make a price movement there.

I also agree that any price movement made will not be as extreme as the recent PS3 slim launch, and therefor will have nowhere near as large as an effect.

However (again IMO) if they battle to a virtual draw in "others" with a price cut, the losses in Japan will be basically offset by the gains in America, and therefore, the 360 will hit the 50M mark before the PS3.  All conjecture of course, but at least I've supported it with my opinion/analysis.

There are, they arent gamers they are car fanatics.  You wont find them here you will find them on car forums.

360 is losing the value battle in NA also, sales are way to close given the price disparity.  Others is nearing lost.  And Japan will wipe out the early launch lead 360 gained.

The 360 is losing the value battle in NA?  LOL, the same 360 that you have to pay a yearly fee for online multiplayer, that has proprietary hard drives, a popular proprietary wireless network adapter, dvd drive rather than more expensive blu-ray, etc.  There's a reason why Microsoft made 300+ million off the 360 last quarter and Sony lost lots of money.

I think what he meant you have to pay for more that you get free with the ps3

Around the Network

The 360..But there are still possible seeling points for the PS3

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

iLLmaticV3 said:
My mind says Xbox 360.
My heart says Playstation 3.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2