By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: New Grand Theft Auto to be unveiled in E3 2010

In a recent interview with GameInformer.com , the director of analyst services for Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR) Jesse Divnich predicted a new Grand Theft Auto game will be unveiled at E3 2010 in June. 

To quote: "I think we’re going to hear about another Grand Theft Auto. I think there won’t be any playable stuff. I think they’ll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we’re going to see another Grand Theft Auto." 

We asked Divnich about whether Sony or Microsoft would try and nab some sort of exclusive rights to the newest GTA, but he thought that those days were over. 

"I don't foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto. Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft."

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/General-Off-Topic/rumor-new-grand-theft-auto-game-to-be-unveiled-at-e3-2010/#ixzz0auCca2Rr                      

so what do you guys think?? new GTA?? and where do u think it will be? vice city or what?

Around the Network

San Andreas i beg but probably vice city

why not an entirely new location..

mM

Rockstar could get off there lazy ass and do a new location maybe?
nah of course they wont

It's Vice City again. The image from the EFLC booklet is from Vice City.

As for E3... It's possible. My bet is it will be the big headline of Microsoft's E3.

Around the Network

It's a rather worthless rumour if it doesn't come from Rockstar or Take Two.

Hopefully on multiple DVDs. So they will make actually use of Bluray.

@Xen A rumor from the company itself ? Would this be still a rumor ?

Maybe they spread rumors like this some kind of viral marketing.

meh i prefer it to be san andreas but it prob is vice city i saw that vice city picture in the booklet too

Xen said:
It's a rather worthless rumour if it doesn't come from Rockstar or Take Two.

Or at least some random blogger who knows a guy who has a friend that cleans out the trash at Rockstar. This, this is just some guy's "predictions." And he's had a very crappy track record when it comes to predictions...

@Netyaroze: A more correct form of putting it would be a "leak".

@noname: Nah, that's just as bad :P