By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just cancelled FF XIII

perpride said:
Dude the simple fact that you have Rinoa as your avatar means that you should not have canceled FFXIII.

How could you let a change in the battle system stop you from purchasing the next installment? Personally, I trust Square. Almost every change they've made to Final Fantasy has been welcome by me. I played the demo for FFXIII, and it was brilliant. Better (by far) than any RPG I've played in years. The story itself is enough to guarantee a purchase from me.

Anyway, to each his own. This game is going to be massive. I've been frantically looking around my city to see if anyone is selling an imported copy. I only wish I had the Japanese version to play until the U.S version is released. It's kinda funny how something you would simply cancel is something I want extremely bad and cant get my hands on.

We can always take a ride down to Pmall Pride, they had white knight chronicles last time I was there.  Plus there's that something garden's mall to the south.  I say white knight chronicles meaning they might have imported Final Fantasy XIII.

Around the Network

well whatever floats your boat, though I'll be getting both

perpride said:
Dude the simple fact that you have Rinoa as your avatar means that you should not have canceled FFXIII.

How could you let a change in the battle system stop you from purchasing the next installment? Personally, I trust Square. Almost every change they've made to Final Fantasy has been welcome by me. I played the demo for FFXIII, and it was brilliant. Better (by far) than any RPG I've played in years. The story itself is enough to guarantee a purchase from me.

Anyway, to each his own. This game is going to be massive. I've been frantically looking around my city to see if anyone is selling an imported copy. I only wish I had the Japanese version to play until the U.S version is released. It's kinda funny how something you would simply cancel is something I want extremely bad and cant get my hands on.

This right here. 

@OP - you will probably like it quite a bit since you liked FF VIII.  That game really changed alot of things from what "Final Fantasy" is, which is why I loved IX when it came out.  Just buy FF XIII - it's pretty nice.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I wouldn't be too upset with the gambit system (assuming they're using something like that) as long as they don't make us buy the damn gambits or at least give us access to useful ones in the first half of the game.

Barozi said:
From what I've seen WKC won't be better than Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant or Star Ocean 4.
I'm way more hyped for FXIII

Last Remnant ( PC version ) was actually pretty fun.

Ouch @ other 2 tho !

Hopefully WKC manages to at least surpass those......

I have some hopes for the game, and the online mode.

Around the Network

Lol I love the pessimists for WKC on these forums. Level-5 is known for making great games. Georama brought back from the Dark Cloud series which I absolutely loved and brought so much more depth to the game, that ALONE is better than anything IU, SO4 and last remnant. The online play adds even more. What is even better is the fact that any town you create through georama will have unique quests for those that join your game, that they couldn't get otherwise, with rewards that they wouldn't see in their own game. There is so much depth in the single player with the georama aspect alone, but the idea of joining someone else's game for unique quests and rewards along with story progression is such WIN.

Severance said:
prepare to be disapinted , WKC is exactly like FFXII.

I wouldn't say exactly given the features the game has. As I stated before, the Georama itself adds so much to the game, I mean look what it did for the Dark Cloud series, especially 2. The online is a welcome addition but what comes with the online is even better. WKC won't sell like FFXIII because it's not $quenix and well, it doesn't have the Final Fantasy name, but Level- 5 has shown to be more than competent when making games.

onikenshi said:
Lol I love the pessimists for WKC on these forums. Level-5 is known for making great games. Georama brought back from the Dark Cloud series which I absolutely loved and brought so much more depth to the game, that ALONE is better than anything IU, SO4 and last remnant. The online play adds even more. What is even better is the fact that any town you create through georama will have unique quests for those that join your game, that they couldn't get otherwise, with rewards that they wouldn't see in their own game. There is so much depth in the single player with the georama aspect alone, but the idea of joining someone else's game for unique quests and rewards along with story progression is such WIN.

Like I said, I have some hopes for it. I am going to preorder it in any case, and hope that it turns out good. The biggest drawback will be lack of JPN language tracks, so hopefully it still has added english subtitles and an option to turn down, or off, the vocals. But I am willing to give it a shot in any case.

Barozi said:
From what I've seen WKC won't be better than Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant or Star Ocean 4.
I'm way more hyped for FXIII

O_O

I can guarantee that WKC will definitely review better than those.

@ OP

You're not making much sense. How can you use Nomura and Level 5 as reasons for your purchases because they make great games whenever the people who are making FF13 also have made some excellent games. I don't get it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This will still be my first first-day buy, but I'm starting to get scared i might not like it :'(